For those who remember....

-Cheryl-

For those who remember the episodes with Cheryl's boss and how awful he was treating her, I am proud to announce that he is no longer employed with her company. Hmmm.. I wonder what happened? The moral here... You don't have to put up with that kind of treatment and if it happens to you, document and pursue!

Jack

I hope the new boss is someone who knows how to deal with interpersonal relationships and leads better.

Very glad that Cheryl was able to pull together documentation with all that was going on in her head, taking center stage. Still functioning above and beyond...hope she realizes she did exceptionally well for someone with less to worry about, let alone someone embroiled in a cancer battle!

May life at work get easier for her...

Well, good! What goes around, comes around.

I left a job (voluntarily) a while back, after having watched the company merge with one that didn't care about anything other than the almighty $$. Then, I watched as the VP over my deparment and his assistant began to systematically wipe out everyone who had come over in the merger, doing them in by threatening their severance pay (that had been contracted prior to the merger). I acted before they could get to me and got out of there with my money and most of my hide. Fast forward to a year later, and the woman who tried to make my life a living hell was fired, and so was her boss (asst. to the VP). Someone asked if I didn't feel sorry for them, and I said that they just got what they'd been handing out for almost 2 years, and that if they hadn't thought of the possibility it would happen to them, then they hadn't been thinking.

I'd never go back there, but it was great to have that feeling of vindication, and "I told you so!" Cheryl should be very proud now for sticking up for herself and at least letting them know she was NOT going to take this lying down! Bravo!! 8)

Di

I believe by resigning, his chances of receiving UE benefits are slim...that's probably the angle the Company wanted to take.

Snowflake and Di, most of the damage was done by good ole E-mail... Cheryl did not have to do much but weather the storm, which she certainly did. Cheryl is of course on FEML. Though she wants to return, I'm not so sure I want her to. Right now, getting well is our main concern...what happens after that is up to her. I would like to see her oppen her own Counseling biz.

She counsels all of the kids in the County and could probably very easily get them to switch over to see her. They all just love her.

Jack

Ok, so this woman fights off an evil employer by email, cooks pot roast in the middle of the night, counsels kids, AND carries out the fight against the cancer beast with the rest of us? Sheesh. Tell her to STOP!! She's making me look way bad! :P (KIDDING!)

Whatever you're doing, keep doing it -- looks like it's working!

Thanks for letting me know this too -- I'm thrilled for you.

Di

You know I have been wondering how she was doing at work. When I read her posts about how crappy she feels I was worried they would give her a hard time. As an employer, it always amazes me the things people do and get try to get away with. I hope it all works out for her whatever she decides to do. Thanks for updating us.

Rochelle