Is there love after loss?

Fay

Yes!!! Just wanted to let you all know my Dad is getting re-married today. Nine months after my we lost my Mom he met up with an old friend, and they have been spending time together ever since. He still misses my Mom dearly, but life needs to go on, and he needs to live. Loretta is a lovely lady whom we are very fond of. Strange though, attending the wedding of your father!! It is a beautiful sunny day here!

Faylene

:D Oh Happy Day!! Life was not intended to be lived alone. Everyone needs someone and it is a testament to marriage and you're Mom that you're Dad chooses to be married again. You are a wonderfully supportive Daughter. Glad that sun is shining!!

God Bless You all,

Jane

Coming from a brand new widow, this is fantastic news. I am happy that he found someone he is comfortable with, but more importantly I think the joy you have over the situation is the best thing. Family members, especially children, are often reluctant to accept the surviving spouse's decisions to move forward in their life.

I've been told that folks who lose a spouse after a good marriage often seek to remarry soon, not necessarily out of desperation or loneliness but because they know the value of a good marriage and want that again. I hope that for myself one day. I learned alot about the sacredness of marriage through my relationship with Dave, and alot about faithfulness and loyalty, and I want to use that one day in another strong relationship.

thank you so much for sharing this good news. It made my day!

God Bless,

Karen

So glad you can enjoy your dad's new wife and enjoy knowing he has someone to feel special with again. My best friend's dad remarried within a year of her mother's death and she really doesn't like the woman at all. Family get-togethers are a strain of phony friendliness. What a gift your dad found someone you can both enjoy.

Congrats to all of you, Fay. What a wonderful gift he and she have been given. I agree with Karen and Fall54, and a couple of days ago I had a "reading" and she said the same thing - life is to be lived and indeed, if you remarry, it says something good about the spouse you lost. I know that doesn't sound exactly right - but I can see the truth in it. She said - what has been is never gone, your heart grows to be big enough to love another as well, and in a unique individual way. Margaret

This is wonderful news! I am so glad that you are handling this so very well and are happy for your dad. Often, children seem to be very hesitant about accepting one parents decision to proceed with a relationship, after the loss of a parent. Hats off to you! It is so obvious that you love yur father and want him to be happy. I'm sure your mother would have wanted the same!!!