I can't sleep

GirlyGirl11

I feel like I'm wasting everyone's time for even being here. But here's my vent. I've had a lung infection for 2 months. I've been on 3 antibiotics and I still can't kick it.

On my thrid trip to the ER the Dr did a chest X-Ray. When he came back in he said I had a mass in my lung. He said that it may be an enlarged mucus sack but he doesn't like how it looks and wants to set me up for CT Chest X-Ray to check for lung cancer. I go in tomorrow to set up the CT X-Ray, I'm not going to put this off.

I'm trying to stay positive and not panic. But this limbo time is really hard. I just want to know what I'm dealing with. When I think I've put it out of my mind, back it comes. I'm sorry, I know my problem right now is small. I hope I haven't upset anyone by posting here. But waiting for tests and then results is hard. Thanks for listening.

Welcome. We all know what waiting for test results is all about. Hope it is only a mucous plug but it is good that your Doc is doing more tests. Let us know. Donna G

Baby Girl,

Wish I did not have to welcome you, but your vent

is normal.

I think they invented tests to have a person worry

and be more attentive for their health for life.

Hoping it is a mucus sack.

Keep us posted for the results, please.

take care.

Hugs

Jackie

Waiting can drive anyone nuts...

especially when the What Ifs kick in.

I pray you do not have cancer, but something much less serious like a mucus plug. The CT should tell if it's solid or liquid.

This has been a bad winter for respiratory crud. Who knows what these darned infections can do?

Let us know how things turn out, and remember we're here to be happy for you if the CT reveals your mass to be non-malignant.

XOXOX

MaryAnn

Boy, it seems weird to say this, but here it goes... "I am praying you have a mucas sack." :)

On this site, we have all experienced the waiting and frustration of test time. It is one of the worst parts of this beast. So it is totally natural for you to be anxious and scared. And we are more than happy to have you join us and vent. We are here for you.

I believe there is a powerful force in prayer, and you have just added yourself to a long list of people who will be praying for you to get good news.

Good luck, and please post back and let us know how it goes.

You sound like a very strong and determined lady. I am so glad you are going in tomorrow to set up the CT. I think the worst part of any illness, is feeling like we have no control. Good Luck to you. You are in my prayers. Please, let us know if we can be of any help.

Hi Girlygirl,

You've come to the right place! We offer support, love and listening ears. I hope it is not cancer! Waiting is the hardest part...it sucks! You go through all of these emotions. I will pray for you and just like everyone has said, Hang in there! Please let us know about your results.

love,

jorja

Hi and Welcome, please dont ever feel you cannot post here to vent,ask a quastion or anything. Thats why we are all here, we have been down this road you are on in some way. Tests are the worst by far, not the actual test, but the waiting, the unknowing even then the knowing is often times unbearable.

Whatever you find out we look forward to your posting, we are here for you if you need us.

Kim