Latest on my Wife !!!

Larry

Well first let me say that she is still with us and Hospice has been by twice now along with a CNA that also come's. Wife has ate the best today than in quite awhile.I think the company really helped her. She does seem to be having some memory issue's as this morning she thought it was sunday and time for Church and wanted me to take some money for the offering and when the Hospice social worker was here she was having trouble remembering certain thing's and i would have to give her hint's to help her. So far she is still pretty alert but is unable to stand for more than 5 second's but she is able to get out of bed to the wheel chair but need's someone to push it for her. My Son is on his way back from Iraq so he can be with her, so he should be home later this week. It has been a rough week for our Church member's as we lost a school teacher last week (41 yr's old) to lung Cancer and another member with SCLC has had his treatment stopped and another Member has had there treatment also stopped. And the last time 2 week's ago when i stopped by the Cancer center here i did not recognize one person in there for treatment as just that fast new one's are coming in....

Larry, today I had to convince a perfectly healthy 19 yr old it was Monday, she was so convinced it was Tuesday, we were all second guessing ourselves!

It sounds as though Alyce is comfortable, and I'm so glad your son is coming home. I wish nothing but more wonderful days for you guys, surrounded by your loved ones. Thanks for the update and I too will keep you in my prayers.

Thank's to all and i do have some good new's in a hopefull way. Yesterday my wife(ALYCE) ate better than she has in a week and this morning she ate even better. And this morning about 2am a noise awoke me and she had gotten out of bed into her wheel chair and had gone to the bathroom and was on her way back when i awoke and of course helped her back to bed. Normally she has such a time getting out of bed to get into her wheel chair that it awake's me but not this morning, so i liked the idea she has gotten some strength back at least for now.Hey Bunny ALYCE is her actual name but guess what her nick name and called it by all who know her well is JONNIE as the way i understood it her dad was wanting a boy when she came along and hence the name of JONNIE....

Larry,

continued prayers for you and Alyce. Also such good news to hear your son will be home soon. Alan has a son in the Navy who serves on a submarine. We tried so hard to get Kenny home early when Alan was in ICU last march. to no avil. So again very happy to hear your son will soon be home. Please keep us posted when you can.

Larry,

continued prayers for you and Alyce. Also such good news to hear your son will be home soon. Alan has a son in the Navy who serves on a submarine. We tried so hard to get Kenny home early when Alan was in ICU last march. to no avil. So again very happy to hear your son will soon be home. Please keep us posted when you can.

Larry, I am so very glad that your beautiful Alyce is eating and gaining some strength. I am also glad you have Hospice in to help both of you! I'm sure Alyce feels better knowing there is someone there to help you out. Sometimes, patients really worry about being a burden to their caregivers. I know Dennis used to always worry so much about me and was always trying to do things to make caring for him easier. I knwo it's also a wonderful feeling to know your son is headed home. Today is surely a sunny day for you...regardless of the weather. So sorry to hear about all the bad news with your fellow church members.

I will certainly continue to remember you and Alyce in my prayers!

Dear Larry,

Thank you for keeping us updated. Alyce and you're whole family is in my prayers. How wonderful that she is eating better and is regaining some strength. I am also glad you're Son is headed back and that must please her so much! Please know I am praying hard for all of you!!!!

God bless you all,

Jane