Monday's PET/CT Results

antoinettev3

First I want to thank everyone for their prayers and encouragement. Without it the past week would have been unbearable.

The PET/CT showed significant progression of disease in some areas and slight progression in others. There does seem to be something in the mid lung field which was not there before but there is NOTHING in the right lung and only one lymph node lit up some. Blessedly no spread to any other organs. I fully expected liver mets because of some new discomfort I had been experiencing.

Met with radiation oncologist yesterday. They will fuse the results of this scan with my treatment scan from last year to come up with a new treatment plan. If lung volume is good they will go after all the spots. There is concern about the esophagus being in the field this time and my developing esophagitis. This is my biggest concern.

I have stopped Tarceva and continue with Oxycontin and Percocet for pain. I'm hopeful that the radiation will at least give me good pain control like it did last time. I should hear early next week what the radiation schedule will be and then I'll meet with my oncologist to discuss what we will do after radiation.

I am angry, sad, frustrated and tired with this battle. 11 years on and off with this sword hanging over my head has drained me but it appears that God is not ready for me just yet. I trust in Him completely no matter how hard this battle is.

Thank you all for your support.

God Bless.

Antoinette

Antoinette, a plan is always good news. I am sure that 11 years is a very tough journey. But remember that 11 years is good news.

I am a true believer that each day that passes offers the hope of the pointy headed sneaker persosn in the lab yelling "EUREKA, I do believe I have found the cure".

I am sorry you have to do it again Antoinette. I am a big fan of targeted radiation. Maybe they could target the individual spots around your esophagus, in order to protect it, with cyberknife or image guided radiation and use a conventional radiation on the rest of the area? I suppose there may be too many spots to make it feasible. You have my best wishes.

Don M

Hope Fully a tuneup will get you ready for another 11 years. Am glad the Drs. have a game plan and caught it early w/o mets. Go get em girl You have my prayers for strength during this time

Antoinette,you have fought this so long and hard it would have to get to making you tired of it.

You are a huge inspiration to many of us here.I hope you are able to have radiation as that has always done the best for me.Even with all the damage radiation and chemo have done to me so far they have been worth doing.

Wishing all the best with the new game plan.

Antoinette, to have the strength and courage to fight this thing for 11 years, you are truly an inspiration to me. Having just begun this fight I can't imagine the toll it takes after so long, but I certainly hope I'm here 11 years from now to know, maybe then we can sit down and have a drink and talk about it!

Remember, every DAY you keep up the fight is another day in which someone might just come up with the cure. You hang in there girl.

Lots of prayers coming your way.

Tracy

Antonette, You are so strong, do not let this get you down. I know you will get better results. Keep that fighting spirit you have and you will keep ranking up the years.

Do not let this get you down. I always loved you Attitude.

Sending prayers you way,

Maryanne :wink:

Antoinette,

You are such a fighter!! Thanks for being our encouragement.

I am sorry to hear of your recent news but I know GOD has a plan for you!!! Hang in there!!

GOD BLESS!!

Jamie

Antoinette,

God bless you. You HAVE been dealing with this for a long time. Life is such a roller coaster of ups and downs. I pray for your healing, your courage, and your faith. You give me so much patience when I watch all that you have been through and your faith never leaves you. God bless...

Jen