Great news!

kbroo2

I stopped smoking for the first time in 30 years - day 6 today! Wish me luck! Thanks everybody for all your kind words and support over the last few weeks...you guys have carried me through my transition to the new me. I am so glad I found the board! Happy New Year to everybody!

Kevin

The gals in here might Boo me however here goes!

Take it from someone who had 3 children.....quitting smoking for me was tougher then giving childbirth!!

Your on the 6 th day so the worse is over and the government isn't getting any more taxes from the smokes to boot!! Whoo Who!!

Congrats Kevin,

Val

Congratulations. Not only is the habit yucky..it costs a lot of money! Now when tempted to slide (I've been told nicotine is as hard to quit as heroin.) just remember how hard it was to get to here - you don't want to have to go through that again!

Good luck.

Mary

Kevin,

If you smoked a pack a day, take the three dollars or whatever a pack cost and put it in a clear jar. You will be surprised how fast it grows. Then take that money and do something nice with it. You will find that the satisfaction you get is great.

Stay positive, :)

Ernie

Kevin, I will officially be quit for 3 days at 7:00 pm this evening. It has had its rough spots, but overall, not as bad as I thought. I think last night was the worst, and that was because I was just watching TV (LSU-Notre-Dame game) instead of doing something with my hands. Anyway, just wanted to say good luck to you. Are you using anything? I am on the patch.