I think it is close...

Melinda, I am so very sorry that things are so tough right now. Having been there, I know how hard this is for you right now. You are the one that your husband shares all of his emotions with, good or bad. Just remember that he is in pain and is scared.

I am so glad that you called the doctor for breakthrough pain meds. Reducing the pain should help a lot. Just be strong and remember that we're all here for you.

I have been thinking about you and your family everyday. I hope you are able to make your trip and that you have peace and comfort knowing you did everything you could for your husband. Since you first posted I wanted so much for your husband to beat this! I hate that you are so young going through this. You look like a very happy couple in your picture and I'm sure you will have great memories of this last trip together. You are in my thoughts and prayers every night. Please keep us posted to how things are going whenever you can.

Dar

Flowergirlie--So glad you got the pain meds. You know it was the pain talking. I am praying that you can make the trip and that it will bring him peace. If you can't physically go, maybe you can take an imaginary trip--if you sit together and talk as if you are there--what you would be doing--what you've done in the past. Above all I prace for peace--for your hubby, for your kids, and for you.--Susan

Oh how much this hurts me to hear this. I know the words hurt, but the fear you both have right now have the ability to make you someone else. I truly believe that and I hope you know it too.

I will pray that you will get to take the trip and that you can drive carefree, singin a little Ripple...

If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine

And my tunes were played on the harp unstrung

Would you hear my voice come through the music

Would you hold it near as it were your own?

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken

Perhaps they're better left unsung

I don't know, don't really care

Let there be songs to fill the air

(Chorus)

Ripple in still water

When there is no pebble tossed

Nor wind to blow

Reach out your hand if your cup be empty

If your cup is full may it be again

Let it be known there is a fountain

That was not made by the hands of men

There is a road, no simple highway

Between the dawn and the dark of night

And if you go no one may follow

That path is for your steps alone

(Chorus)

You who choose to lead must follow

But if you fall you fall alone

If you should stand then who's to guide you?

If I knew the way I would take you home

Much love and many prayers. Please update us on the trip, fingers crossed...

I hope you know he is speaking from his own frustration ... and not that he's seriously blaming you. Please, out of all the hurt and pain the words cause remember that.

I hope the time is good to you in the nearly future ... I wish all the luck and strength for you to get threw this.

Tammy

I am so so sorry. I started reading your posts in earlyJanuary, and though I don't know you, you seem like a really strong person. I believe that he is taking out his fear and frustration on you, but that won't stop the pain that you feel. It really sucks, I am sorry Flowergirlie.

There is absolutely nothing I can add to what everyone else has already said... I just wanted you to know that I am praying for your whole family. This is incredibly hard on ALL of you... I think your husband knows that, he is just angry at himself right now more than anything or anyone else. I think it is a man's ego that makes them think they should be able to fight anything and win. It is probably a sign of "failure" in a way, that he is not winning this battle. I wish you peace.

I had a suggestion if your Hubby is not able to travel... could you possible do a compliation video of old photos and happier times, set to his favorite music? You could then show it to him as he so wanted to make that trip again, and in this way could perhaps.. It would also be a loving tribute to the man, father and husband you love so much...I think it would be a great legacy for your children as well. Also their are organizations out there who specialize in making last wishes come true..have you contacted any of them? I work with the geriatric population and one such organization for them is http://www.secondwind.org/. I have also worked closely with hospice and families to create videos and as such living legacies of the patients before they passed so they could have some "life review" and feel good about all they accomplished in their lives.I pray you are able to be strong , as your hardest journey will begin after his is over. God Speed.

I'll be praying for you. I know it is hard.Glad you got pain meds. John had an inhailer and also the machine that I put meds in and he could breath alittle better. This helped, cause the DR wouldn't give John any more Chemo, he was too weak.

Praying for your family.

I too am sorry that you, and your family, are going through this terrible time! Pain causes us to do things that are horrible; I am glad you got him some meds. No matter what shape your husband is in, you can still take that trip, even if you never leave home.

I've been reading your posts and "Eascoastladies" since I've joined, and you two are the strongest individuals!! You both are an inspiration for those (like me) who unfortunately will have to go through this in the future. Sending you lots of prayers and good wishes for the trip. Please keep us posted.

Candy