Hi Has anyone had good and lasting results

warmpup

we had good results for almost 3 years with a lot of different chemos and radiation.But unfortunately it was not longer than 3 years

I had chemo after surgery 4 years ago and would do it all over again for the good outcome I've enjoyed.

No radiation for this, but I did get radiation for breast cancer. In that case, my worst problem was fatigue, but it went away quickly after my treatments were finished.

Cindy

I had chemo and radiation before surgery. After surgery I had two sessions of adjuvant chemo and have had clean scans since my surgery. My surgery was in July, 2005.

Carol

I had surgery followed by concurrent chemo and radiation. Still here 6.5 years later. :)

But last year had some problems with the old ticker -most likely due to radiation too close to heart. Also I think there is increase risk of new cancer in radiation field years later.

Barb

I've done 3 rounds of radiation. One to the area where my original tumor was removed along with the right lung. One to a spot on my left lung which seems to be dead. Will know more on the next CAT scan in July. Just finished 15 doses of radiation to the head. Won't know the results of that one until July also. I believe that it is better than just chemo alone. You get a little more tired and beat up but it is doable and I believe very effective. Let me know if there is anything else you would like to know.

Ralph

I had radiation and chemo then surgery. After surgery the doctor told me the tumor was dead and just scar tissue. It is over 9 years for me and no signs of the ugly beast.

Donna G

Cancer was found in my lymph nodes after the surgery. So I was treated with concurrent chemo/radiation and then consolidation chemo. I finished all the treatments a year ago and I am still here with NED.

I work with a guy who had a similar situation and his was also LLL. He underwent similar treatments and has been NED for 3.5 years.