unbelievable!

((((((((((((Cindy)))))))))))))

So sorry to hear of your dear husband's passing. What you (and he) went through with hospice is totally unnaceptable and I would follow through with a formal complaint.

Be sure in the knowledge that you did the absolute best you could under the most difficult of circumstances.

Prayers for peace and strength during this difficult time. God Bless

wendyr

I have followed your story and want to express my sincere sorrow as well as outrage over the treatmennt received from your first hospice. Please let us help carry you through this stage of your journey. I am just so very sorry at all that you have had to experience.

Kasey

Cindy,

First of all my sincere condolences. I am so very sorry for your loss. I have been reading your story, but having no experience with hospice, I had nothing to contribute. I have been however thinking of you and praying for you and your husband. I'm so very sorry you had to go through everything you've been through. I'm sending prayers for strength to get you and your family through all that lies ahead.

God Bless,

Sue

We are so sorry for your loss. No one should have to go through what you and your husband have with hospice. I have no expierence with hospice but have learned alot from you and your husband about it. Our prayers are with you and will be with you.

hawkeye

All,

I've had Cindy's experience on my mind a lot. It was hard enough to deal with the fact that her husband was in his last days and hours without having the incompetence of the first set of hospice folks. She isn't the only one this has happed to either.

I wonder if we can post a sticky with a set of questions to ask a hospice organizations, what to expect from hospice, etc? I think a lot of us don't realize that there is often more than one in an area and that patients and caregivers should be able to expect certain things from a hospice organization. I'd be happy to coordinate such an effort.

Susan

fillise..

Actually a good hospice company should tell you what to expect up front...

the second one gave me a whole lot of literature on what to expect from them and what they expect from you etc etc...

the first one didnt...

and in dealing with the second one...they were everything I expected hospice to be and I know tht I wasnt crazy in my expectations....

I should not have the last memories of my husband be of him screaming for help... he was extremely weak as it was...so it was even harder to hear...

everyone Wednesday from the time we called 911 through to coming home and his passing was OUTSTANDING....

if any of you are in CA and need hospice...it was Hospice Care of CA... they have a website....

the BAD one was St. Joseph Hospice... Never never never use them....

thank you all for your kind words...

i just got back from the cemetary/mortuary making final arrangements.... I just did this for 3 hours a couple of weeks ago thinking it would help and it was still another 3 hours today!!!crazy...

but it is done...next friday @1:00

I just wanted to mention this. In the Path Less Traveled Forum there is a sticky about Hospice.. "Personal advice/experiences with HOSPICE.

Also, Linda666 has posted many different things, all very well researched and interesting regarding Hospice in that forum. They begin on the 2nd page.

Cindy, again, my very deepest sympathies and condolences on the loss of your husband. I am so very sorry about the horrible experiences you had to go through with the first Hospice.

I hope this will be of help

Christine

Cindy, you are amazing. You have gone through so much with the hospice situation and it is hard to read about it let alone experience it. I now know things I will tell the folks that will at some point in my life become my caretakers. Because of you sharing a very personal part of your husbands passing some folks will be more enlightened. My prayers are with you for comfort and peace during your time of grief.