Soon Ready!!!!

Kasey

Okay All........and especially Maryanne :lol: ..........the Grand Opening of the Pub will officially be this weekend. Fred and I (and even Teddy) have been working feverishly around the clock to complete the renovations. Hopefully all will be ready in time :wink: !

Now let's make this clear.............those of you who remember Cindi's Pub......Fred and I will TEMPORARILY be in charge. IF Cindi decides to return ~ we will hand over the keys.

There is an expanded menu for all to enjoy. Just about ANYTHING your little ole hearts might desire. There are cafe tables covered in checkered tablecloths with lanterns and small containers of flowers. There's some overstuffed chairs and sofas to relax upon. There is even al fresco dining on the patio by the pond. And on the wall are pics of some our very special friends.........Katie and Rick :lol: . And I think that ConnieB's should be there as our long surviving poster girl, don't you think :P ?

Pub will be opened for celebrating good news, or just to be with each other during stressful times. Actually for any reason at all we may choose to gather here. So be ready......COME ONE ~ COME ALL!!!!!

The ONLY drawback is...................neither Fred nor I can make drinks. SO we've bought the barender's guide to help us along. But you may be moved to just make your own :wink: !

I checked the birthday list for August and there are LOTS of them to celebrate. I'm not going to name folks for fear of leaving someone out. But since my very special 'first' friend here at LCSC mentioned that August 4th is hers, I will say we're opening in time to celebrate DonnaG's day. All the rest of you......YOU know who you are. Here are some of the dates..........1,3,4,6,7,9,14,17,20,22,25,27,31.

Fingers crossed everyone for a spectacular opening! Fred, Teddy, and I will be honored to be your hosts!!

Kasey

Wow I was just browseing around the new Pub, and you guys sure have made it pretty darn inviting!! :D I really like what you did to the place. :wink: I think I'll be hanging out here looking for a cold one or warm one now and then. :wink: Hope we get a lot of friends to stop by.

Oh I'm one of those August B-day people. Mine's the 9th and I gotta tell you, I NEVER thought I would see 44 let alone 55! :D I LOVE GETTING OLDER!!! 8)

Hey Muriel.......handicapped parking AND shuttle service too from the far end of the parking lot :lol: ! No expense has been spared!!!

Can't wait. I'm so glad so many are bringing all those goodies!!!! Teddy can't wait either woof woof he says!!! BTW.......gifts not necessary for Donna ~ your presence is more than enough!!!!

Love those unbrellas too, Welthy :wink: !!!!

Kasey

The dog might be a problem. Can we consider him a Service Dog? I think that means one who helps the blind, hard of hearing, etc., but maybe we could expand it to include dogs who can carry trays, bottles, etc. to the tables. (Bailey could do that!) Otherwise you may need to obtain a variance to the local zoning and health laws for bars and/ or restaurants. Maybe Andrea or Aaron could help us with that. They both have state bar membership now.

Muriel

Looks like you done our Cindi proud! 8)

I'm all in favor of Connie's pic up on that wall with Katie and Ricks, not only is she a long term survivor and source of inspiration to so many of us, she's been a major part of the rock that keeps this site active :D

You did the renovations, I dont think most of us will mind making our own drinks

To Muriel....no problem with the dogs ~ we got a variance so all 4 leggeds are welcome with no problem :P .

Ellie.............no special attire ~ doesn't even have to be clean. Sometimes it is more important to just 'BE' together and not worry about getting all fussed up. I guess attire is to just have all important parts covered :wink: !

I forgot to mention that a jukebox has been installed with music from the big band era to present......although I have NO idea what some of these new "songs" are even saying, and I sure can't find the beat :? .

Finally...........for this weekend only......ALL drinks are on the house. We will be releasing butterflies too......................in honor of, and in memory of, all our friends (past and present) who for WHATEVER reason won't be here with us.

Hope y'all have your calendars marked!

The Management

PS: Katie......no idea for a name ~ maybe just The Pub????? Katie's Place??????

WOOHOO!!! If I can bring my main man "Hunter" who happens to be four legged then count me in as half way there. I think the dogs will have almost as much fun as the folks. Please be aware that my dog loves the taste of wine and my sissy drinks and he also has a very very very LONG tongue.

I understand about Hunter's "long reach." I'll be bringing Abby and Bailey. Abby is a perfect lady. She loves all dogs and people. Fortunately, she has been spayed. Bailey has also had his "trip to the vet." He, however, will help himself to anything and everything he wants. So he will be a bit of a problem. But then, who doesn't love a Golden Retriever. Bailey often has a little trouble with alpha males. So, I hope you will speak to your dogs about this. On the other hand, Bailey will carry things for you. I recommend wiping them off afterwards. He does well on anything packaged and on bottles and cans. I think it's wonderful that we can bring our dogs. Sure hope Kasey and Fred's pub is really really big.

Muriel

Muriel never fear ... nothing enters this house that does not immediately get neutered. Hmmmm perhaps that is why I am single!!!! Hunter also loves one and all (both human and animal) is not aggressive at all unless I put him on a leash and he is between me and whomever is brave enough to approach. I think he becomes possessive. I have seen him tuck tail and run from a tiny little Yorkie. I think we are going to have a wonderful time.

No problem all you animal lovers. Plenty of yard space.............I'll get Fred to get up a fence before the weekend. Teddy is known as the 'friendliest' doggy in the neighborhood ~ so he's looking forward to making new friends!!! Do you think we could enforce an inside 'leash rule' though...just to keep our buddies away from those who may not be canine inclined?

The Management

Oh my gosh!!! Tanner Dog and Teddy are finally going to meet!!! How exciting. I think all furry guys can play a nice game of fetch while we all have drinks. I think this is such a great thing for you and Fred to do. I'm sure Cindi would appreciate the nice gesture. Count me in!!!

This is wonderful. My dogs Rocky and Sally can come to my birthday party!

Rocky is 5 years old, he is my athlete, he catches a tennis ball that I have thrown with a chuck-it before it hits the ground. He is 1/2 border collie and 1/2 Australian Shepard dog. His "little" sister Sally just turned 3. Her Mommy was a Border Collie, her Dad a true bread mutt. They are both black and white. Sally is a big kisser, lick lick lick so be ware!

Donna G

Only 4-legged friends? I watch "Animal Planet" and see that some friends become 3-legged and are just as loved...c'mon, no even-legged only discrimination!

I think it would be nice to have a memory wall, or specials like the "Frank Lamb" - a chocolate donut and Bud light for $4.

I may miss the opening, on jury duty AND busy at work. Even if I'm out of the office, the work doesn't go away so I may be putting time in over the weekend. Please, start without me, I'll supply some plastic for the first round!

YES...............a MEMORY WALL!!! Great idea, Becky. Sort of like a collage? After Fred gets the fence up, he'll work of preparing the far wall. And, of COURSE, 3-legged creatures are welcome.

You can't work ALL weekend......we'll save you a good seat. Any jukebox requests? You gotta stop by ~ even for just a short while!

Kasey

I'd like to volunteer my time as a pub employee, in charge of the most important part of the pub (in my opinion at least), desserts :):):)

So I will bring warm soft chocolate chip cookies topped with vanilla ice cream; warm gooey brownies with ice cream; yummy cakes of all kinds!!!!!

Dessert is mandatory, calories are optional.