Two Years!

stand4hope

Hello, my friends! I know it's been a long time since I've been here. I have 23 pages of posts since my last visit, so there is no way I can catch up. Teri, I did see that you lost your precious Bill. I am so very sorry for your loss. As Bill died one day before his birthday, my Don died one day after his birthday. Please accept my deepest condolences. I haven't read any other posts, so if there have been other losses, or bad news, my prayers are with all of you!

I'm simply writing to give you all an update and let you know that it will be two years this Sunday, August 5, since Don died. It still feels like a bad dream, but it is getting a lot easier to get through the days.

A lot has changed for me.

First, my home is for sale and is on the market. Like Tina and others, I tried to keep it, but it was just too much for me to take care of and try to work a full-time job.

I have already moved to a beautiful garden home that is part of a retirement community where I can later move to an assisted living apartment, if that is ever necessary. The best part is that they let me put up a fence around the unit (it's an end unit) so I could keep both of my doggies. Yay! I just love it. It's very pretty, is 2-bedroom and is really quite roomy. I guess I'm what you would all a "motivated seller" now because I'm paying for two places until my house sells.

Second, I guess the timing was perfect for all of this. Last Monday, after I had most of the things I needed in my new place already moved, I had a heart attack. It was minor, but I had a 90% and a 70% blockage and had two stents placed. I'm really feeling great, though, and was right back to work this Monday morning.

My son is not well, so please keep him in your prayers.

Well, that's my update. I know I ended it with the bad news things, but really, things are going great for me right now. I'm always optimistic that my son will get better, and I know I did the right thing making the move. I'm active with friends, family and work and enjoying life.

You all take care and even though I'm not on the board now, except occasionally, please remember that I think of you all the time, and still love you all with all my heart!

Love,

Peggy

And I think of you OFTEN, dear (((Peggy))). Your new place sounds delightful and glad you are on the mend after your heart issue. I'll keep your son in thought and prayer that things will improve for him (and you too) in that area.

Thank you ~ like a gazillion times ~ for updating us all. I cannot believe that 2 years has passed either. Seems like the last I remember, Don was zooming through PA on his motorcycle.....remember that :wink: ?

I'm wishing you only the very best, Peggy, and feel certain that you will always Stand4Hope!

Love,

Kasey

Peggy,

I am very sorry to hear you had a heart attack. My husband just had one 3 weeks ago. I'm glad to hear your doing so wall after it, but it's also important to baby yourself right now.

I'm also sorry to hear this is Don's 2 year memorial date. My thoughts are with you durging this difficult time. In my case, it always seemed the second year was harder then the first. I hope this passes softly for you.

I will keep your son in my thoughts and prayers. I am so very sorry to hear he isn't doing well.

But, I am glad to hear you have moved and you like your new place. I always told my husband if anything happened to him, this place would be on the market in a heart beat. Only because I just can't take care of all of it myself. Your memeories always go with you where ever you go anyway.

Take care and God Bless.

Dear Peggy,

I also do not post as often but do check up on my friends all the time. I always check for any posts from you so I was very glad to see this one.

Heart attack, how did you know? I have a couple of friends that have been walking around with stents for a few years and doing great. Back to work on Monday, wow, you certainly do slack off.

I am glad you moved. Taking care of the big house all by yourself leaves very little time for the fun stuff.

I am so sorry to hear that your son is having problems. Did he move with you?

Two years, not possible. It will be 3 years for me on 8/18. Still expect him to walk through the door and say, "Hey Babe, I'm home".

Don't be such a stranger to the site. Many old friends here.

Peggy,

I always keep you and your son in my prayers and thoughts. I am so sorry he is not doing well and that you have a heart attack. However I am so glad to see you post and that you are recovering and settling into a new home.

Peggy,

I can't believe it's been two years - sounds like a drop in the bucket with the simple number "2", but if you refer to it as 730 days, well, I'm sure that is more what it feels like. I know that in my world, two years is nine inches of growth on my boy - a short time in the big picture, but a huge piece of the here and now.

I'm sorry to hear you've had health issues. Women - back to work by Monday. You KNOW a man would have milked that for at LEAST two months off (sad part is I expect Frank Lamb to jump in and defend his gender).

Bittersweet on the move, wish there had been a way to stay, but the smaller place AND the furbabies is probably the way to go. Easier to find someone to mow the lawn, huh?

I miss our talks and have thought of calling many times, but it's so late by the time I get home in the evenings...

Let's keep in better touch, okay?

xxoo,

Becky

Peggy welcome back. I'd fine you for being gone so long but you might have another heart attack (where's an emoticon clutching his chest when you need one?). I am glad you checked in...miss you around here.

Rochelel

(((Peggy))),

I have really missed you. Have been thinking about you a lot lately. How can it be two years? It seems unreal and like it was just yesterday.

So sorry to hear about your heart attack and your son's health. It sounds like you are on the road to recovery and I pray he will be soon too.

On a positive note, your new home sounds like just the ticket. Hope your house sells soon.

Hope you will check in with us again very soon. In the meantime, know that you always have a place here and friends who care.

Luv and Prayers,

Sue

Hi Peggy,

It's good to 'see' you again. I know you'll never get over the loss of your dear husband, but I'm glad you're making some positive moves in your life.

What a shocker with your heart attack! Glad you're recovering nicely and most of the work of moving in was done before that happened.

You are always in my thoughts, and I remember you as someone who has handled her personal tragedies with great dignity. I wish you hadn't had to suffer them.

Cindy

Hi Peggy,

I am sure it feels great to hear from all your friends here. It certainly great to hear from you!

I am so glad you are doing so well, especially after your setback. But hey, you're still here, thank G-d for that.

I will send prayers back out to your son.

Hope your old home sells soon so you don't have to have that burden of paying for two mortgages and utilities.

Please continue to check in from time to time. We miss your here and enjoy hearing your good news.

take care my friend, be well.

Maryanne :wink:

Peggy,

What a pleasant surprise to see you post.

I can't believe it was two years ago that I read that heartbreaking post of your husbands passing.

I'm sorry for your son and your illnesses, praying they are all temporary and will be gone soon!

(((Hugs))

Kathy

Peggy,

Somehow I missed this post. It's so good to "see" you. Do you know I've now given that book (Second Guessing God) to about 12 people, and have had personal correspondence with the author?! Boy, God has used that book to touch our family and friends. Bill didn't even read most of it, and he kept asking me to give it to people just based on how it helped me.

It's helpful for someone in the new stages of this walk to read that you're doing well emotionally, and making positive moves for yourself. This might sound odd, but it's also helpful to be able to know that it's (the grief and loss, that is) not something that just goes away. Our loved ones are too precious for that. I'm sorry to know your son still is having troubles -- I will keep him in my prayers.

Please take good care of yourself -- no more heart attacks!

Hugs,

((((((((Peggy))))))))

You have no idea how good it felt to hop on here this morning and read your post!!! I have to admit that I now have "weepy eyes" as I think of all the dear friends from this board and all of the heartbreaking (and heartwarming) experiences we have shared. I had to smile as I read Becky Snowflake's post and her reference to Frank Lamb...how true!!! He would have been jumping right onboard, in total defense of the male gender!!!

I can't believe that Don's been gone for two years, just as I can't believe December 15th will mark five years without my precious Dennis. You have been through some definite ups and downs during these two years and have always done a great job of bouncing back. I'm so proud of you! Although your heart attack wasn't great news, it is good that you know know you have a problem and have it under control. Sometimes, it's much better to know about a situation and get it fixed. So sorry to hear that your son isn't doing well. I will definitely remember both of you in my prayers.

YEAH!!! I think the move is a very good thing for you! I so often think I should have sold "our" home and relocated.

Please keep in touch with us as you can. You know how loved you are on this board!!!

• 3 weeks later...