Now Good-Bye...

onlychild*

My Mom is gone. :cry:

She passed as I watched the horror of the 35W Bridge Collapse unfold. Am so devastated but feel such relief seeing her pass very quietly and peacefully (even the nurses were amazed). She went so fast. I feel some guilt as last night was the first time I felt at ease/peace enough to fall asleep in 5+ days. But I slept next to her on a cot and woke up every 30 mins or so to kiss her cheek, smooth her hair and tell her that I was still here and loved her more than anything.

The nurses at the 'Little Hospice' were amazing. They gave me long hugs and when I felt ready to leave they made me some home cooked Shepard's Pie and sat with me at the dining room table to hear stories about my Mom. They were amazed at the strength of her heart, strength they had never seen in their 10 years at that hospice. They had prepared me for her to only have a few hours on Monday when she became unresponsive, not even 24 hours since she was traumatically admitted into the hospice (was a very terrifying ride over in an ambulance, she was in shock and was drooling and staring off into the distance complete folded over on herself). But once she was there she just kept going and going. The many times she seemed she would slip away as I spoke to her a flood of warmth would go through her hands, she'd take a deep sigh and she'd relax. So maybe it took me giving her a break by resting that allowed her to go.

So now life must begin again... will try to give myself some time. I am scared to go home to sort out all the medical equipment and see that she is not there. I am so used to caring for her. I keep waking up thinking I hear her call my name and sitting up to check that she is ok (I have been sleeping on the floor next to her for months now). I still feel her strong pulse/heart beat in my hand.

I wanted to thank you all for your support and kind words - it has gotten me through this. I hope the strength my mom and I have had can be of support to someone some day as you all have been to me.

Much love,

Kate

Oh Kate, I'm so very sorry for your loss. The tears are flowing down my cheeks for you. You sound like such a loving daughter. You gave your mom the best care. You obviously helped her leave this world gracefully. You were her angel without wings. Someone recently said something to my mom & I, that I would like to say to you now.....

"God knew what he was doing when he gave you to your mom."

Tova

Oh Kate, you are such an amazing daughter. Your post just brings me to tears. Please know you have my prayers for strength and healing. May God wrap his loving arms around you as you.

Eternal rest be granted unto her oh Lord, and may Your perpetual light shine upon her always. May she rest in peace.

Jen

Dear Kate

I am very sorry for your loss. I read that your mom passed when the bridge collapsed. Maybe she stayed those extra hours because someone who went down with that bridge needed her strength to help them from this life to the next. God bless you and help you to find peace.

Kate, I am so, so sorry. Take comfort in knowing that you were a wonderful daughter to your mother, and that she loved you very much. Remember the good times; those are what will bring a smile to your face and help you get through the pain.

Christine

I am so sorry Kate. My deepest condolences goes out to you and your love ones. Let the support and love of your family and friends help you through this difficult time.

I am so glad she passed peaceful.

Peace be with you.

Maryanne :cry: