He's Here!

missyk

Not sure where to post this...

Xavier Declan Ham arrived on Friday, August 3rd at 3:08pm by unexpected c-section. I had gone in for my regular dr's appointment and u/s and we discovered that I had no fluid for some reason. We decided to just go ahead and take him...and I'm glad we did. Turned out that my water had broken and resealed without me knowing it...and had left him open to infection.

He weighed 4 lbs 10 oz and was 18 inches long...and moved to the NICU about an hour after he was born where we quickly went downhill. He's been hooked up to all kinds of different machines since then.

The good news is that he's starting to recover from the infection, the pneumothorax (both sides) and the persistant pulmonary hypertension and is going to be getting one of his chest tubes out today! He was awake and alert last night for the first time since he was born and it was a load off mom and dad's mind to see his little eyes!!!

I'll have pictures eventually once we get home...right now we're staying at Ronald McDonald House so we can be right with him.

Thinking of you all and wishing you the best!!

(((((Missy))))

Congrats on your new baby boy. We'll be saying lots of prayers for little Xavier and his mom. Speaking of his mom, how are you feeling???? Can't wait for you to be home with that sweet little guy.

OMG Missy.... congratulations to you and your hubby.

What an experience... shocking... and so glad you were at the doctors office.

Iam saying a prayer for him to recover fast so he can come home to his mommy and daddy...

I hope you are on the mend.

WOW!!!

GREAT NAME XAVIER!!!!

Maryanne :wink:

Missy,

Xavier, what a strong, fine, name!!! I am sure he is just beautiful and he is a lucky little boy to have his grandma for his very own personal guardian angel - I firmly believe that.

Hope things are moving along well and he is home in your arms where he belongs very soon!! Having had two c-sections myself, I can relate to how exhausted and sore you are... take care of yourself Missy!!

Love, Sharon

PS... Kiss that little man for me xx

I can't wait to see him! I've been anxiously awaiting his arrival! (just not so soon!)

Give him a gentle kiss on the cheek from me .

My oldest son was born 2 months early. He weighed 4 lbs., 9 ounces, and was also 18 inches long, so almost the same weight as baby Xavier!

I'm saying extra prayers for you guys, and can't wait to see his sweet little face.

My daughter loves his middle name! (She loves Irish names, just like me!)

Take care of yourself!

Love,

Nova

• 2 weeks later...

MISSY!!!!

YEAH!!!

I'm so glad your baby is here, in spite of the drama around his actual "making his way into the world."

I'm glad I found this tucked away in just for fun...this belongs in GOOD NEWS!!!

But I am sure when folks see his picture, they'll figure out what's up.