No more limited sclc

Nancy B

At my 3 month check up scan they saw something in the lung so did a PET scan. Lung is ok but 6 or 7 spots lit up in my lower back - pelvic area. Needle biopsy confirmed sclc.

I start chemo on Monday, Topotecan, 5 days on and 3 weeks off. I haven't had this one before. Over the years I have had Carboplatin, Etoposide, Cisplatin, Navelbine and Gemzar. I think that's all.

Would love prayers and any hints to make Topotecan easier. I have stocked up on ginger cookies and Zofran.

Thanks ya'll - don't know what I would do without you.

God Bless,

Nancy B

Hi Nancy,

Wow was a bummber after all this time. I pray this new chemo does its job with no or minimal side effects.

You are such an inspiration here and you still have that great attitude! You will get through this one also.

Sending prayers...

Maryanne

Nancy, I read this Thursday almost immediately after you posted. I had no words at that time and figured I'd come back later in the evening and respond. Well, here it is a whole later and I STILL have no words. I don't want you to think that the lack of response meant lack of caring. I just don't know what to say. You have been hit over and over and over again. I can't imagine what you must be feeling, but your composure and determination just are so inspiring.......to me and to most here as well, I would guess.

You know you have my very best wishes and prayers that have already been sent to CA. May you be successful once again beating back this demon. I am your most vocal cheerleader. Do what you need to do and lean on us when the load gets too heavy.

Much love and support,

Kasey

Hi Nancy,

I did the same as Kasey, and I feel the same as she does--still no words.

I will always remember you reaching out to me when I felt helpless and hopeless, and I too, will be your most vocal cheerleader.

All my best thoughts and hopes and wishes are coming to you.

Cindy

Thank you everyone for your support, encouragment and friendship.

I started chemo yesterday, Topotecan, 5 days on and three weeks off for 4 cycles. My veins are not cooperating but I have had two failed ports so not much else to do. I felt really good last night, made a really nice dinner and baked my son a birthday cake....I have always done well on steroids. They must not give me that much. Chemo, start to finish, only takes about 2 hours, not bad, and I have a really good book to read.

I can't thank you guys enough for being here for me.

Prayers and blessings for you all.

God Bless,

Nancy B

Nancy,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having to start chemo again. Bill only ever had one cycle of Topotecan, because they stopped it when they started radiation (same as you're having -- 5 days on). He felt a little sick while they were administering it, but didn't really notice any side-effects after that.

Thinking of you,