Bad news.....

I posted last night that I thought we'd get bad news at the scan results today, and we did. The mets to the liver have increased, meaning the Gemzar must not be working. The doctor said no chemo today since my mom is in such pain. He wants to have a "meeting" next week. I'm guessing he's going to suggest no more treatment. My mom isn't at deaths door - by any means. She is in pain, but she is still driving, doing errands, etc. She maybe takes one nap a day. I know it's ultimately her decision, but this is so hard for me to wrap my head around. I wanted to thank you for all your heartfelt responses to my post last night, this is the first place I go too when I get news on the cancer, the only people that TRULY understand.

Hi Stephanie. I am so sorry that the news wasn't better. Even though you're not expecting good news, it's a shock to get bad news. We're here for you. Let us know how (from a distance) we can help. Be sure to check in after the "meeting" with the doctor.

Muriel

Hi Steph! Hopefully the doctor is giving your Mom a reprieve from chemo for a week to build her body up again and get stronger. I am praying that when you go to your meeting he will have found a new regime to start your Mom on that will take care of the liver issues. It is hard to continue to have faith...believe me, I know...but God's plan for someone is only known by God. Try to keep positive for Mom and please keep us posted. I am sure everyone will be keeping you and Mom in their prayers.

Love,

Bobby

I am so very sorry. This is just so much and so hard to bear. Please know that we are here to support you and your mom and positive thoughts are coming your way. Prayers

Carol

Stephanie:

Hugs to both you and your mom. And I would really love to get my hands on your beautiful Sofie for a hug too!!! What a doll. :D:D

Hang in there, and know that we are all here for you. Prayers for your family that there will be new options at the meeting next week, and that your mom finds ease from her pain.

Blessings,

Teresa

Hi Stephanie and Jackie, As Welthy said, there are many more treatments options out there. I hope the Docs can come up with a better plan to manage your mom's pain (I'm sure we have members out there that have some suggestions) Next, they need to try a new Chemo/treatment....Stay positive! Good luck... Shelley

Hi Stephanie-

I am praying for your mom and you. I would never tell anyone whom to pray to its way too personal but I will tell you that we prayed to "The Blessed Virgin Mary" to bring miracles and she is very powerful to me and my family. Just know also that sometimes the miracles that we are looking for don't come in the form that we expect -they maybe in another form - so maybe it will be a change in medicine or regime for your mom. I will pray deeply for your Mom's Recovery on my rosary over the weekend before the meeting. I hope it gives some comfort to know that. I know when others tell me they are praying it brings me so much comfort.

Take Care

Marci