Bone Scan

Judy-OK

Saw my Radiation Oncologist yesterday and he has scheduled me for a bone scan to be performed this Thursday. I have been having constant pain in my right shoulder and have started losing range of motion. My PCP said it did not light up in the last PET scan ... which is good. It could be rotator cuff problems, frozen shoulder, etc. etc. etc. I will then see my Oncologist on April 1 so she will have the results of the bone scan ordered by my radiologist. If it does turn out to be a skeletal problem that is not cancer related ... I already have an appointment scheduled for Apri 30th to see an Orthopedic doctor. Does anyone else just get really, really tired of going to different doctors all the time?? Just kidding I know we all get "appointment leery".

Oh, Judy - I am so sorry you have this now, too. It just doesn't seem fair that we have to have other problems - isn't cancer enough??? I know now I have high BP, my eyes are shot, my knees are killing me - just NOT fair at all!!

Hopefully it will all work out and it is NOT cancer related. Maybe its something easy to fix.

Hugs - Patti B.

Judy, I agree with Patti that the cancer is enough, we don't need other ailments, too. I hope this is something that can easily be taken care of. I wouldn't be hoping for a rotator cuff problem, tho. My husband had surgery for that and it seemed as tho. he was going to physical therapy forever afterwards.

Hope this all turns out ok.

Muriel

Judy!!

Oh dear, I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I hope it is age and arthritis! :wink:

I'm sure you're ready to wretch and gag at the thought of one more doctor in your world. :roll:

Please let us know when you get the poop from the doc. Many wishes for "other things."

Hugs,

Welthy

In answer to your question about seeing different doc's my answer to that would be YES!!!!!!! :roll: I had NO IDEA there were that many different kinds of doctor's in this world! :roll::lol:

Just wanted to let you know I'll keep sending up my prayers for you for good results.

We'll be waiting to hear your outcome!

Sending prayers your way that it is nothing serious. And YES - I am tired of all the doctors!! I love how I get sent to a different kind of doctor for each side effect! Don't they realize that we are tired and all of this running from appointment to appointment is exhausting!! :D:D

Judy, I hope it is nothing serious. I have had 2 rotator cuffs and had them resolved with physical therapy. I don't want to see a bunch of different docs either. I am sticking to my cancer docs. I pulled a tendon in my leg splitting and stacking wood the other day and it made my toes go numb. I am just going to ignore it. There is only partial numbness and it is getting better.

Don m

Judy, sorry to hear you are having more problems. I will have you in my thoughts and prayers. I know my husband is sooooo sick of doctors. I think he started accumulating them in 2005 and still going.

Hope it is the lesser of the problems.

Judy,

I can understand your worry about your shoulder , but I thought I might share my own experience. I don't have cancer , but I did have a bad time with my shoulder about a year ago. I don't know what started it, but I couldn't reach down and outward or over my head or behind me. It got progressively worse and I went to an orthopedic surgeon. He xrayed and decided it was most likely rotator cuff problem. He gave me a shot of cortisone (or something like it) in my shoulder. The shot didn't really seem to help , but what did help was ice. I started putting an ice pack on my shoulder and it started getting better and then I got a Bed Buddy (brand name) pack for shoulders... you can put it in your microwave for 1 1/2 minutes and it goes around your neck across the back and shoulders.. how wonderful . It cured my problem. If it had not, the next step would have been an MRI of my shoulder and possibly surgery. It was just so incredibly painful and the final cure was so easy. Hope your case will be the same. Sorry you have to go to another doctor.. that's the pits.

Sue

I'm hoping that it turns out to be something pretty minor, Judy! No chance of it being cancer.....NO WAY! You probably just over-extended it by doing so much typing here or something equally stupid. Oh geez.........didn't mean to imply you were stuid or anything :oops: ! Sorry! So we have a scan and then WAIT again. I bet we all some favorite expressions we say in situations such as this. Hope the time flies by and you find you've nothing at all to worry about.

Kasey

There are many things besides cancer that can cause a sore shoulder. I know it is hard not to fear the worst, but come back and let us know and in the wierd, wierd world of LC we will celebrate the news of your arthirtis, torn rotator cuff, or any other non-cancer ailment.

Susan