Scared mom of 4 looking for support

jetcat

Hi everyone. We were told this week that my husband (age 37, never smoker) has a 3 cm mass in his lung, confirmed by CT. We are now in a waiting period until we can get a biopsy done and find out what we are looking at. My husband's mother passed away just one month ago from lung cancer. I am looking for any support and shared knowledge I can find. Right now my life is upside down, but just finding this site is giving me something to do to stop my crying and panic attacks. Thanks and I have taken great comfort already in the many success stories. We have been married for 15 years, have 4 beautiful kids, and I need to know we're going to be OK!

Chris

Hi Chris. Welcome to our group. We have lots of information and support for you. You and your husband must be terrified right now. I found that the more information I could find, the less frightening the situation was for me. If the 3 cm. mass is lung cancer, there are many treatment options. I suggest that you read all the boards, but first of all read the Survivors board and pay attention to how long ago it was that many were diagnosed. Please let us know about the biopsy results and the treatment plan for your husband.

Muriel

Welcome to our board. We have many individuals that have come here scared to death and the mass turned out to be benign. I wish the same for you and your husband. I know how scared you are especially with small children. I hope they can speed up the biopsy so you can find out what you're dealing with.

Keep us posted and let us know how we can help.

Rochelle

Hi Chris,

I was in your shoes just a few weeks ago. I understand how frightened you are right now. One of the most helpful things that I was told when I first came to this board was. "Stop. Breath. Nothing bad is happening right now." I understand, you're frightened. The unknown is frightening. Give yourself a break right now. You don't know what you are dealing with right now. You'll have more information soon, and once you do, you will set a plan into action and deal with this, and you will feel better then.

Your husbands situation may not be nearly as bad as you're thinking it may be. I hope that will be the case. You've been reading the posts on this board, and you have seen that regardless of the type and stage of lung cancer there are many treatments available. Have Hope, and please try to relax.

(it's not easy, I know.)

You're in my thoughts and I'm wishing you all the best.

Gail

Hi, Chris, welcome to the best place on the net for lung cancer support. When you get a chance, you might give us some more details on your husband, such as any symptoms that led up to his seeking medical evaluation. To avoid the need for a lot of repetitive typing in the future, it's best to put that sort of chronological info in a profile like you see at the bottom of our messages. Here's how:

Click on My Profile above, scroll down to the Signature block, enter/update your information, scroll down further, ensure Always attach my signature is marked Yes, and click Submit at the very bottom. From now on, your profile will attach to every message you send.

Best wishes and Aloha,

Ned

Hi Chris. You and your family will be okay. The waiting period is just simply awful. But once they find out exactly what is going on and what they are going to do to treat it, you will feel much better. Having young children is very hard to deal with in this situation. I wish you all the best and courage during this trying time.

Take care

Sandra

Hi Chris,

Welcome!

Please know that I have my fingers crossed that the spot on your husbands lung ISN'T lung cancer. If your family journey leads to lung cancer, lung cancer support community can be a lifesaver with support, information and real survivors.

Wendy - 4 yr nsclc survivor

right now the good news Forum is a good thing to read. THat and PLay Biopsy bingo.. Praying for B-9 think positive until biopsy and through biopsy!

Oh Chris, I am so sorry to read your post, but I am so glad that you have found us. You have come to a place filled with wonderful people, wonderful stories of hope, and of course, you might even get some answers to your questions!

Please, keep updating, and hopefully we can help.

Blessings and prayers for you and your family...

Jen

HI Chris-

Welcome. Sorry you had to find us but you will see that this is a great place for strenght, encouragement and information. I only wish I had found this website when I was first dx'd.

This is a terribly scary time, I know. Not knowing is the worst!! Once you find out what you are dealing with (and I hope its NOT LC) you can start a treatment plan. Only then will you start to feel a little better because you and your husband can put on your boxing gloves to fight this beast!!!

I agree with everyone else - read profiles here. We have MANY people who have beaten all the odds against them and are doing GREAT!!

Will keep you in my prayers that your husbands biopsy comes back good!!

Hugs to you and your husband - Patti B

One step at a time and remember to breathe!!!

The panic is normal--we've all been there. My 22 year old was 7 when I had my first cancer diagnosis, and I could not stop crying.

Rally your troops around you and let yourself be supported.

gail