New to Cancer and this board

mirandamak

Hi,

I would love to talk with some lung cancer survivors. I am 48 and just found out I have lung cancer. I have a seven year old daughter and husband that I adore. I want to hear your stories and hope some of you will bear with me and listen to mine. I am really scared but am trying to be positive and be strong for my daughter. I am so glad that there is this resource.

Sincerely,

Barbara

Hi Barbara,

Welcome to the site. I'm so sorry you have found a need to be here but glad that you found us. You will find many stories of hope and inspiration here.

This site is a wealth of knowledge and support. I hope you stick around so we can get to know you better.

Have you been told what your cell type and stage is?

Denise

Hello Barbara and welcome.Everyone here knows only to well what you are going thru.Right now your world has been turned upside down,but please do not lose hope.As you find out more of what kind of lung cancer and what stage you have and what your treatment plan is please let us know so we may be of more help to you.In the mean time please keep coming back for support and to let those here get to know you.May God bless you on this journey.

Hi Barbara and welcome to the place NONE of us really wants to hang out at! But to be honest, I'm glad we're here for eachother.

I know how scared you are. I was dx.d 13 years ago and I remember that fear still to this day. Your in good company here and this is a very supportive group. :wink:

Read my profile below. We're here for you.

Barbara,

Welcome to the board. The beginning of this ride is so hard. When my husband was diagnosed we had a 3 year old (that's her in the picture). It's hard. Please tell us more about you and your diagnosis so we can help. There are (unfortunately) many moms here with lung cancer in their 30's and 40's that can help you.

Rochelle

Hello Barbara and welcome

I am sorry you had reason to find a site such as this, but this IS the place to be. There are so many wonderful and caring people here who will be more than happy to help you through this. Please let us know what you need, ask any and all questions and know that there will always be someone here to lean on.

Warmly

Christine

Hello and Welcome, Barbara,

The diagnosis of lung cancer can send shivers through the hardiest among us, BUT when you connect with others, read their stories, and finally have a treatment plan, things can become a lot less scary.

I hope you will find, as I have, that this community is full of wonderfully able, informative, and sharing people.

Try to keep positive, Barbara.

We're all here to help if we can. Please let us know more about your diagnosis, and the treatment plan?

Sending you my best wishes,

Barbara

Hi, Barbara, a big welcome to the LCSC! You've joined a remarkable group, one that will become part of your extended family to a degree you never imagined. Please take some time filling in the details of your cancer story up to this point -- that will trigger more and very specific responses from people whose situation and cancer history are much like your own. Aloha,

Ned

Hi Barbara

Welcome to the site. I can't add much more than what everyone else has written. I am recently new here as well and you won't find a greater bunch of people. Just remember to breathe and relax. I have to stop every now and then and thank the powers that are that I am still here to enjoy my world. One suggestion that I tell everyone is whenever you go to the docs, take a voice activated recorder with you. You won't have to try to write everything down or try to remember stuff. I take one with me to all of my appointments and it has come in handy.

Be well

Sarah

Hello Barbara. Glad you found this group. This site is huge with lots of info that have been posted. For more detail on "My Story" I put a link for me below. I remember well how I felt when I was at your stage.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Donna G

Hi Barbara and welcome from another mom. The beginning is so scary. I am not sure what you know about your cancer and treatment yet. But I promise you will feel better once you have a treatment plan in place. There are many many stories of hope on this board. Please keep us posted.

Sandra

Hi Barbara-

Welcome!! I know how scary this is for you. It DOES get better once you have a treatment plan in place.

I have a 16 year old son so I know how you feel. Believe me, he is the reason I fight this disease so hard.

Let us know what your treatment plan is and we can answer questions for you.

Hugs - Patti B.

Barbara,

I was 47 when I was diagnosed with lung cancer. I was terrified and did not know which way to turn. By some stroke of luck, I found this board, a fantastic surgeon, and am here and feeling fantastic 5 years later. I hope for the same good fortune for you.

Cindy

Hi Barbara. Welcome to the board. Sorry that you had to come looking for us though. You won't find a better group of people to hang out with. We will laugh with you, cry with you and just be here to listen when you need to talk. Whatever your situation is, someone here has walked in your shoes.

I was 48 when I was diagnosed in 2003. In June 2008 my doctor released me and told me I was cured. I had NSCLC and had my left lung removed.

Tell us a little more about your treatments and diagnosis so that we can help you more. Take care and remember you are not on this ride alone. :)

Hi Barbara,

Stay here. post, make new friends. You will find so much support, hope, and encouragement here. These are some GREAT people. They will help you through this.

Once your treatment plan is laid out and you are actively treating this disease you will feel better.

Wishing you great success,

Gail