You'd think after all this time....

Geri

I'd be used to waiting for test results...........newsflash.......it's not noticeably easier :roll::roll:

Yesterday I had a PET scan, piece of cake wouldn't you think. It's been 7 years since my sclc dx and almost 2 years since my bc was discovered, I've lost couint of all the scans and tests I've had in that time. I've had two serious issues with my heart and never wavered about any test, but yesterday I caved!

We had freezing rain overnight Sunday and everything was slick Monday morning - I was hoping for more so that I could legitmately cancel my appt. Anyway I took an Ativan before I left home (never had to do that before) and when I was on my way home 2 hours later I kicked myself that all my fretting was for naught.

Now however, I have the longest week ahead of me as I don't see my Onc until next Monday. My concern is that I have some malignant cells in the fluid around my lungs but there weren't enough to know whether they are lung or breast cell.

This morning I'm having a pity party, imagining a whole host of things that they may find, and making my way to the pub. No matter that it's 6:38 am I think a large Bailey's will go down very well with my breakfast..........toast, eggs and a stiff drink.........or maybe I'll just pour the Baileys over my granola. Yep that's what I'll do,

Cheers :shock::shock::lol::lol:

Geri

I'll drink with you early in the morning, my friend! Geez...........I've got no words to make any ofthis any easier or make the week go any faster ~ but glad you discovered my good friend ~ ativan! Love him/her! Just wondering why your concern is about malignant cells? Do you KNOW there are some? If so, how/when did you discover them?

Man, this really frosts me big time. When is enough enough????? I suppose it's now just a wait and see mode you're in. That stinks too. So.......I'm here waiting with you. I've just been in the right frame of mind to perhaps just drink the week away until you hear. If that would help, I'd be more than happy to oblige.

I know you always hang in there as best you can. Here's hoping you catch a big break this time around and hear good news.

Love,

Kasey

(((Geri))) ... you poor thing. It is criminal the amount of wait time for test results ... makes me angry for you.

I can't really offer any advice as to how to wait it out - you seem to have the answers to that - Ativan/booze, but know I will be praying hard that your worst fears will soon be a distant memory.

In the meantime, I've been looking for an excuse to drink before noon and I will definitely join you in that. I'm going to put my Bailey's in my coffee though if that's o.k. (also, no-one will know that I'm drinking either!)

Hugs,

Linda

Geri, I think I'm the queen of rant about WAITING IS THE WORST. I don't do it well in any area of life, let alone with tests for this disease. I'm hoping for the best outcome for you, and I'm with Kasey and Linda, I'm of a mind to drink early and all week long with you also.

Take care, Judy in Key West

Well Geri if you start drinking Bailey's now you will have to drink double's in the pub when we are celebrating your good news !!! Hope your week gets easier and Monday brings you good news.

Geri stop thinking it's dangerous. :P But seriously it happens to all of us-- the wait and the worry. Best thing to do is keep busy and before you know it Monday will be here. I would think if something was found they would call you before your appointment. Hang in there my friend and kick the pity party to the curb. Prayers for the best. Rich.

Well it's now past 1pm and my pity party is long gone - one day I'm going to try the Bailey's on my cereal though, sounds good!

I've known about the malignant cells since I had the talc procedure last January, this is why my breast cancer onc is so insistant about trying the different "5 year plans" but my lung guy doesn't seem so concerned. Go figure.

I shall wait and wonder and do my best not to think dark thoughts between now and Monday.........I have enough grey hair as it is :):)

Thanks for propping me up yet again. It seems periodically I slip but I always know how lucky I am, I'm still on the green side of the sod and I have all of you here to understand my going over the edge from time to time. Cancer will do that to you every time :lol::lol::lol:

See you all at the pub later.

Geri

Geri, I am not waiting for anything but I think Bailey's on Cocoa Puffs sounds scrumptous.

I knew you were not a pity party person. But I am still sending as many good thoughts as I can that the wait will end with only good news. You are in my thoughts my friend.

I ditto Ginny. Baileys and Coco Puffs does sound good to me also. :D

You still amaze me and I know you are probably tired of hearing this from me but with all your dilemmas ( and there has been too many) you still have that wonderful personality that keeps coming through. I just love your spunk!

On a serious side, I am thinking of you and sending prayers your way. I hope for good news.

take care my friend

Maryanne

PS. if you mix Baileys with Amaretta it is called an Organisam.... how would you like that for breakfast. :roll::shock::D:lol::mrgreen:

Geri, you are graceful and strong...I think you had commenced on the self propping before you heard from any of us, because you are a tough cookie. And I wouldn't have even qualified that as a "slip" or going over the edge...I think you were just looking for an excuse for liquor in your countchocula.

I wouldn't wait a week until appt. I'd call onc's officce and tell them you want him to call you the minute he gets the results (probably w/in 48 hours).

There's no reason for you to suffer for a week because that's when your appointment is, and no reason he can't give you summary over the phone the moment he gets it!

Remember, you're the team leader of your patient care team because it wouldn't exist without you! :D

Best of luck!

Affectionately,

Carole

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.--George Carlin

Geri, you go over the edge anytime you want. I among many will be there to help pull you back. That means the rest of us can go over the edge from time to time too and the group will respond in kind, right? That's why this site works! Will be watching for update with Monday's results.

Judy in Key West