Our TracyD

Kasey

Tracy E. (Richards) Dingmon

1966 - 2009

Whitinsville ... Tracy E. (Richards) Dingmon, 42, died Tuesday, June 30, in Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston. Tracy, a non-smoker, was an inspiration to her family, friends and community during her courageous three year struggle with lung cancer.

Tracy is survived by her husband, Charles L. Dingmon; children, Samantha, 14, Joseph, 12, and Alexandra, 7, all of Whitinsville; her parents, Brian and Lillian (Tarsa) Richards, of Warwick, RI; two brothers, David Richards, of Andover, MN, and David Richards, of Limington, ME; her maternal grandmother, Helen Tarsa, of East Greenwich, RI; and an aunt, Kathleen Long, of Lancaster, PA.

She was born, December, 15, 1966, on Staten Island, NY, grew up in East Greenwich, RI., and had lived in Whitinsville since 1993. Tracy graduated from St. Mary's Academy Bayview High School in East Providence in 1984. She earned a Bachelor's Degree from Skidmore College in 1988, and a Master's from Northeastern University in 1997. She was a certified public accountant at several firms in Massachusetts and Rhode Island prior to retiring due to her illness in 2006.

Tracy was a member of St. Patrick's Church in Whitinsville where she taught CCD classes. She was a spokesperson for Lungevity, Inc's Boston Lung Cancer Annual Walk, and was a member of the Mass Society of Certified Public Accountants. During her high school and college days, Tracy was an outstanding competitive swimmer.

Tracy's Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 AM, Friday, July 3, in St. Patrick's Church, Cross St., Whitinsville. Burial will follow in St. Patrick's Cemetery. Calling Hours will be 5-8 PM, Thursday, July 2, in the Carr Funeral Home, 24 Hill St., Whitinsville.

Please omit flowers. Memorial donations may be made to the Lungevity Foundation (www.lungevity.org), 435 No. LaSalle St., Suite 310, Chigago, IL, 60654. (www.carrfuneralhome.com)

Kasey,

I am still stunned by this news. Tracy was so brave and I learned a lot from her about fight and about never giving up. Please make sure her husband and children know how special Tracy was to this community and how much we will miss her.

You and they will be in my prayers.

Susan

This is so very heartbreaking - in tears every time I think that she is gone. I can't imagine the pain her family, friends & all those who loved her deeply are feeling. May God wrap his arms around each and every one of you in comfort.

((((Kasey, Fred & her dear family))))

Hugs,

Linda

((Kasey))

Words can't express how very sorry I am to hear about the loss of Tracy. She was my first "LCSC Friend" and was such a kind a caring person. Tracy's fight was a real inspiration to all of us, and she will be truly missed. My prayers to you, Fred, and Tracy's husband and children as you grieve the loss of this wonderful woman. Ellie

Oh my. My heart is breaking over this news. I hadn't heard from Tracy in awhile and was getting worried. She had been having a tough time but I wasn't expecting this. I do know that she was out of hospital in time to attend her daughter's graduation ceremony and that she was so pleased about that.

Kasey, I hadn't made the connection that Tracy was your niece until today. My deepest condolences to you. She was a very special lady.

I had gotten to know Tracy a bit better over the last few months as we had a lot in common. I knew her to be a very kind and caring person. I didn't know until reading her obituary that we were both accountants and competitive swimmers.

Dear Tracy, may you rest in peace and know that your family will be well looked after. My condolences to all of your family.

your friend

Sandra

I am so sorry to hear this. It's devistating for any family, but with young kids, it just breaks my heart even more. Prayers to Tracy's family ...

I found this news while on vacation :cry: I ha been receiving updates from her care page.

Kasey, I remember when she was first diagnosed. I remember waiting for results while in school.

The words seem empty, but I did learn so much from her. I learned from her to value each day, even each moment.

My heart goes out to all of Tracy's family and friends.

gail