Mother passed away

kimblanchard

My mother passed away this morning Christmas Eve. As I watched her take her last breath I knew that she was finally at peace and pain free. She suffered so much since her diagnosis on Sept. 19, 2003.

I broke down as I told my 3 children, especially my 7 Yr. old who was devistated. I told them that it wasn't the amount of time we spend here on earth that was important but what we do when are here. I told them that their Nanny, my mother was an incredible person who touched everyones life in a positive way. Her job here on earth was done and now she begins her second job to make others happy.

Thank you all for the support you have given me since Sept. I can't tell you how many I have told about this amazing family of people. I hope others have found as much comfort here as I have. I want to continue on this message board to maybe help others who have been or are current where I have been. I love you all.

Kim

Kim

My heart aches for you. No one knows the pain that can come so quickly except those of us who experience it. Being Christmas eve makes it so much harder but too we have to remember this is the time of peace and miracles surly your mom is in the arms of God even now. Please stay here with us. You are a great part of this "family" now. God bless and hold you as you face the days ahead. May His love and peace give you the strength you need to get through the next few days and then the others ahead. What you told your child is so very special. I know it will make it easier for them. You were very lucky to have your mom and your children are very lucky to have you. Don't ever forget that. My love to you and all of your family. You are in my heart and on my mind. Lillian

Hi Kim, I'm sorry for you and your family. To lose someone at this time of year is bittersweet; she is at peace now, but she leaves behind so many who loved her and learned from her. I hope next year, your holidays will be filled with memories of how wonderful your mother was, and the grief will be but a small part of your memory. Meanwhile, do stay here, and talk through your grief. God Bless You and Yours, Teresa

Kim,

I am so terribly sorry to hear that your mother passed. My heart goes out to you and your family at this time.

You have shown such courage in the face of this nightmare. May you continue to know you were loved by your mother and those here still.

I know God opened His arms this day to welcome your mother into heaven to join His birthday party that will be tomorrow.

May God bless you and keep. May His face shine upon you always.

Wishing you enough....

Much love and warm hugs.

Shirley

Kim, I am so so sorry about your mom's passing but I know she is in a better place that does not have pain and cancer.

I am very happy you do have children especially around this time of year for they will bring you through tomorrow and the days after.

YOur staying in touch will be a light in others eyes.

Dear Kim-

What a sad, sad Christmas Eve day for you and your loved ones. Please accept my condolences on the loss of your dear mother. Your words to your children were so wise and your determination to continue on the message board very generous. God's blessings wished for you and yours at this time of grief.

Kim,

I lost my parents right after christmas within two weeks of one another from cancer. I can also remember feeling disbelief and a sense of unrealness. It was the hardest thing I had ever experienced in my life. You have heard the old expression that "time heals." It is true, it does get better with time. I am so very sorry for you and your family.

God Bless,

Cheryl

Dear Kim;

I'm so very sorry to hear of the loss of your mom. Please accept my most sincere condolences. It's such a tough time of the year to go through this. Your words of wisdom to your children were very touching, May God provide you strength and comfort in your time of need.

God bless us all!!

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

MRI's taken 12/18 - 2 brain mets found- named em Frick & Frack

"Absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"