brain mets

AnneM

Hi everyone, well, I had an MRI last week due to headaches and just found out that I have 2 small brain mets and they're recommending whole brain radiation. Things just haven't been going too well lately. I'm having a lot of pain in my chest, and also shooting down my leg (I have a feeling I also have a met in my hip). My pain's gotten so much worse lately, that I'm terrified to wait on the next chemo while I do WBR, and I'm a bit scared of the WBR. I really hate this, my kids (now 3, 9, and 10) need me here and healthy.

Well, Anne, that is just a fine howdy-do :cry: . Any mention on gamma knife for the two small mets? I don't know a lot, but thought for less than 4 and small, that could be an option. I'm just bummed about this and the pain down your leg. Life turns into one big crap shoot for us all and I'm sorry you're getting more of it lately than most. I'm thinking of you, Anne, and I'll hang onto the hope that this hurdle will be yet another one you jump right over.

Kasey

Anne,

Well pooh. I'm thinking brain mets and leg pain were NOT on your Chirstmas list this year. I'll be praying that the WBR zaps those two little mets right outta there and that you get some resolution from your pain.

Hang in there--we are here for you when you need us.

Susan

Anne,

I read your post with much empathy. Bill had only one, single met to the midbrain and WBR was suggested.

Of course, I am no doctor, but I would first opt for individual radiation to the two mets, but if WBR is the final choice, Bill is still here walking around and not being too incapacitated by the whole brain radiation experience.

He does experience some loss when expressing himself, but it's not a dire thing. That WBR was completed over 2 1/2 years ago. He has had no recurrence, and is still actively participating in his life with Q of L.

Of course, he cannot do all the things he used to do, with much gusto, but hey, he is 79.

Whatever you decide, my thoughts and hopes go out ot you for a resolving of the issues which concern you.

Sending you my very best, and also send my prayers,

Barbara

Anne-

I know exactly how you feel - I had WBR in August. I wanted Gamma Knife but they said since the MRI from 8 months prior was totally clear, how many tiny mets may be there just too small to show up on an MRI.

I panicked before going wondering what would I be like when it was over - and I have to tell you I have been lucky - no memory loss, no nothing!! I wish the same for you.

If you ever want to talk about it, feel free to PM me.

Hugs - Patti B.