Checking In

Kasey

I've been MIA just a little this last month or so. But I'm here now to report GOOD NEWS once again. Went last week for my checkup. NED after 5-1/2+ years. I am blessed.

For those interested - just a little bit more to the story. Last month or so I've experienced rather extreme SOB. I am treated for my LC 2 hours away at NIH. Doctor there had me do some tests here at home. Then last week spent extra days testing lots of things (see profile below) to check heart, breathing, etc. Had a little scare with a spot on my abdomen showing on the PET. OK - too long a story so I'll skip to the end. I'm in pretty good shape for the shape I'm in :| . I am now using an inhaler and need to join the fitness club to get my heart rate up AND lose some wieght. I think I can do all that. Seems NIH is concerned about the 15+ pounds I've gained. I have said before ~ if my doc there asked me to walk through fire, I would ask how long he wanted me stay in the flames. Guess exercising and losing weight should be simple. His final words to me when he called me TWICE Saturday ~ yes a world renownded doctor called me twice and wanted to be sure he wasn't interrupting my weekend. Don't ya just love him? He is NOT CONCERNED about the cancer and doesn't need to see me for a year! WOO HOO!!!!

Hope the newbies read this and also look at MY STORY. There is ALWYAS hope.

Thank you Katie and Donna and mhutch!

oh hello! That is such good news. You might even find you like the gym? I am swimming and doing Qi Gong, need to get some more weight bearing stuff one of these days. I feel so much better getting those stretches in, and breathing, that I really do look forward to it.

Kasey, this is the BEST news! I know about that weight gain thing. Wish I'd only gained 15 lol. Once you get in the swing, you'll enjoy the exercise. If you don't, try another form. You just need to find the one that works for you, that you look forward to doing. Celebrate, celebrate, celebrate.

Kasey thank you so much for the wonderful news.

When I was in treatment they were so concerned about my weight loss they taught me very well how to snack- drink that milk shake, that boost, eat that cookie, eat that brownie, how about that piece of cake. Well---------------

It was such a fun habbit that I gained from 30 pounds below my ideal weight to 35 pounds above my ideal weight!

A few years ago I went into a panic about it! Of course not enough to give up jelly beans! But I did join Curves and have over 700 days of exercise to my credit now.

Wish you luck on your shape up, keep us posted.

Donna G

Hi Kasey,

I'm so glad things turned out well for you. It's so scary for us when we start feeling different than 'normal' now, I certainly know the anxiety that brings on!

I am finding that I'm liking the gym a lot now! I just joined a beautiful facility and actually look forward to going almost every day.

The cutting back on eating is the part I seem to be having a hard time with these days, but I'm working on it.

I feel like you do though, and I will do whatever the doctor says.

Good luck in your progress, Kasey, and I know you can do it. After all, with what you've conquered, what the heck is a little exercise and weight loss?????? :)

Cindy

Kasey,

That is so AMAZING! How wonderful! Cool! I finally joined a gym this weekend it's the city fitness center where I live. I'm starting out with water aerobics! I guess now that I don't have cancer I have to take better care of myself! LOL!

Dana

Hi Kasey-

I am so glad your cancer is still DEAD!!!! You are not one to be beat!!!

Good luck on the excercise thing - ever thing of yoga?? My son loves it and altho I cannot contort the way he does (could it be cause hes only 17 and I am just a few years older? LOL) but it might be something you like. Here, the public schools have it as adult education courses for really cheap!!!

Whatever form of excercise you do, I know you will do great.

We all love ya and thanks for being a friend!!

Hugs - Patti B

Kasey

Congratulations! You know you are my hero. I am so very happy for you and I am going to lose weight right along with you. I have about forty pounds to lose.

Carol

Thank you all my friends for the good wishes. All your sentiments are greatly appreciated. Only the folks here truly understand the magnitude of my results this time around, and I am so privileged to be able to share them with you.

I never dreamed 5-1/2+ years ago that I'd still be going strong this many years later. I've certainly been blessd ~ and all of you are part of the reason I feel so. Hope all remember that there is always hope!

Kasey

Kasey, I am so thrilled to read this update from you. You are such an inspiration and that 5 1/2 years is just wonderful. About the weight thing, I know first hand what weight can do to a person's breathing. I have much more than 15 lbs to lose , but my COPD does not like the weight I'm trying to haul around. Sure hope that doing what the doctor has ordered will find you feeling better in no time.

Hugs,

Sue