goodbye, sam..

Sam'swifeShirley

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam always took the time to answer posts and was a great support and friend on the board to many.

I hope that your family will find some solace that your sorrow is shared by many of his friends here....you are not alone...

I am so sorry...I will miss your grandfather....

I am so deeply sorry about Sam's death. I am in total shock and just can't believe it. He was loved and respected by so many of our members. He was always supportive, caring and helpful. The world is a much sadder place wihout him. I will never forge you Sam.

I pray that God may grant Sam's family the strength they will need to endure this tragis loss.

Bess B

May Sam find all the peace and joy in heaven he deserves. We will miss you Sam, your caring and knowledgable comments, your sense of humor. May your family find peace. Donna G

I'm so srry for your loss your grandfather will be missed.

Sam was a gentle warrior and never seemed to complain or ask why me? He had a difficult time and never seemed to let it stop him. His love for his wife was so evident and his gentle support/concern for others was a true comfort. He was always willing to send me articles and information from his medical sites and he reassured me on many occassions... I often thought of how terrible it must be to have access to the statistics, to understand the generated probabilites and negative medical what ifs....

Sam was a well respected and valued survivor here....He was our doctor... Wonderful, supportive, kind and funny. I will miss him so much. '

Sam please look after our Lung Cancer family members that have passed....I'm thankful to have known you.

God Bless You Sam

Laurie

I too am saddened and shocked. Another great one is gone. My sincere sympathies to Sam's family and friends. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Faylene

To Sam's grandson: Thank you for letting us here know about your grandfather -- we feel like part of his extended family.

To Sam's family: My heart is very saddened at the news of Sam's passing. He was such a great guy here, with his constant humor and support of us all. He will be sorely missed. May God's grace, love and peace descend upon you all. Don Wood

OH MY GOSH!

Dr Sam was such a good man, he has been on here along time and had become one of the oldies! I know the difficulty of being in the medical field and 'knowing to much'. He will be sooooo missed. I still can't believe it. :cry::cry::cry::cry: This will take us all time as I am sure it will for his family. You are all in our prayers and know that he meant A GREAT DEAL to us all.

Cindy

Oh I am so very sorry, I am very saddened and shocked to hear this. Sam was a wonderful person and a great friend to all. He was much loved and will be sorely missed. He was always there for people who needed help, and his humor was wonderful. I can't believe this, I had always believed he would make it... This is just so sad.

Bonnie

Dear Family, PLease accept my deepest sympathy. I am shocked by his sudden loss. I recall an e-mail that Sam and I exchanged once, discussing life after death. Sam had a strong faith in God. Through his faith and kind words I was comforted. Sam touched many people and was so unpretentious. That is rare with somebody of his caliber. We will not be the same with out him on this board.

Cheryl

I am so saddened to hear of Sam's passing. I know what a loss you are feeling at this time. Sam and I found this board at about the same time, as he and my husband were diagnosed at about the smae time. Dennis and Sam were in the same clinical trial and Sam and I exchanged information and compared notes. When Dennis began to fail and took a turn for the worse, Sam was there to console me and uplift my spirits! Then, when I lost Dennis, Sam was once again there to offer support. I have missed his posts as he was always such a strong inspiration to us all! I pray that your family may find peace at this time of great sorrow and loss. I also pray that your Sam and my Dennis will finally meet face-to-face and together enjoy eternal peace with no more pain and suffering!

Typing thru my tears - Sam was one of the first people to respond to me when I was first diagnosed and found this board in pure panic - and he told me he would always be there *gasp* "holding my hand".

God, please "hold his hand" now and welcome him - he was an outstanding human being.

My deepest sympathy to his wife and family,

SandyS