goodbye, sam..

Sam'swifeShirley

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR KIND AND MEANINGFUL MESSAGES. I'M SAM'S STEP-DAUGHTER AND TO MY BROTHER AND ME WE KNEW SAM AS THE NICKNAME "SAMSTER". HE WAS A TRUELY KIND AND GENUINE SOUL. I HAVE BEEN FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO SPEND MY SUMMERS ON VACATION(TEACHER) AND VISIT MY MOM(SAM'S WIFE) AND SAM FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS. EACH SUMMER WE HAD OUR PROJECTS. FOR EXAMPLE, ALONG WITH BEING A FULL TIME DOCTOR, SAM WIRED ALL OF THE NEW ELECTRICAL IN MY BROTHER'S HOUSE BUILT IN 1995. HE WAS SO PROUD WHEN HIS HOUSE PASSED FINAL ELECTRICAL INSPECTION. HE WAS ALWAYS LOOOKING FOR SOMETHING NEW. FOR THE PAST TWO SUMMERS, OUR PROJECT HAS BEEN CANCER. I'VE HELPED MY MOM WHERE EVER I COULD, AND I TRIED TO TAKE SAM'S MIND OFF OF FEELING BAD. WHEN THE TREATMENTS GOT BAD. THROUGHOUT ALL OF HIS CHEMO. AND RADIATION HE WAS ALWAYS POSITIVE, BUT THAT WAS SAM. WORDS CAN NOT EXPRESS HOW MUCH WE LOVE AND WILL MISS SAMSTER. WE HAVE BEEN CHECKING THE MESSAGE BOARD FOR NEW MESSAGES. SAM THOUGHT MUCH ABOUT THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE AND FOUND IT COMFORTING TO TALK WITH OTHERS. HE KNEW HOW YOU FELT. THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR COMFORTING MESSAGES.

Howard and I were shocked to read of Sam's passing. Sam was a wonderful person and I can only imagine how great he was with his patients. He would answer the many questions I had right after Howard's diagnosis and always made me feel better. He touched so many lives here and I'm sure throughout his life.

May God be with your family during the difficult days ahead. Sam will be missed and the board will always have an empty spot.

We will miss you Sam.

Bonnie and Howard

I am so deeply saddened to hear the news, my sincere sympathy to you and your family

Sam was deeply cared for by board members, he always helped out with our questions----

condolences

To Sam's family:

My prayers are with you.

I am in shock!!! Disbelief!!! We communicated for 16 months -- sometimes daily. Last time we communicated ( last week) he said he had developed shingles. I cannot believe this. Dear God!!! I will miss him so much. Rest in peace dear Sam I won't forget you.

Dear Sam's Family,

I am so sorry. While Sam didn't post often, I always found his posts wise and upbeat. I am in a state of shock. I had no idea he was this sick. He always seemed so optimistic and so much the fighter.

He will be tremendously missed by all here. Please accept my most sincere sympathy.

Ginny

God bless ya Sam !!! :(

Thank you for the many wonderful things you did in this life!!! You will truely be missed by many!!

such a loss, may God grant peace and strength today!!

My most sincere condolences to the family, I am grateful to have been touched by Sam.

God bless

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

MRI's taken 12/18/03 - 2 brain mets found- named em Frick & Frack

PET taken 1/5 - hot spot in mediastinum May be cancer??

"Absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"