now my dad has lung cancer too.

shelliemacs

Shelly I am so sorry. You asked what are the odds of 2 parents. Ask Connie B. She has lost her mother, father, sister and she herself has lost her left lung. In some there is some genetic link I think. Donna G

Shelly:

I cannot believe this news. This is like lightening striking twice in the same place. I hope you can hang in there and that you know we are all here to support you.

Please take care of yourself -- your dad needs you more than ever.

You are in my thoughts....

Estrea

Oh Shelly,

Kiddo, I know just what your saying and going through. The only thing I can say to you is, I'm HERE FOR YOU IF YOU NEED AN EAR OR A FRIEND THAT has Been there, done that! IT SUCKS my dear, IT SUCKS!!!

I lost my mom and sister 8 months apart from one another. My mom was dx.d in March of 1987 and my sister was dx.d in May of 1987. What a whirlwind of emotions that year was. My dad died in 1970 when I was just 17 yrs. old.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((SHELLY)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

You know you can PM me at any time or if you want, we can chat via phone.

Shelly:

Many prayers to you and your family! I was shocked when I read your message and feel so much pain for you. The closest I came to something similar was getting a call that both my parents were in an auto accident and I had to drive six hours in the middle of the night to get to them. I didn't know most of the trip if they were going to pull through. They were both helped by God at the scene -- was truly a miracle they survived. I remember the feelings of thinking I was losing them both at the same time (my dad actually did lose respirations for awhile). Somehow, I made it through. When my dad was dxd w/this terrible disease, my mom questioned why they were spared 4 yrs ago -- to go through this? Somehow I believe God gives us the strength to make it through these things. Hope your dad's lc is limited and he gets good results with chemo. Will be thinking about you and your family!

Oh, Shelley -- no, no, no, no, not again.

There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. Just add me to the list of people who care about you and are praying for you and your Dad.

Hugs and prayers going out to you now.

Gloria

Shelly, I just can't believe this. I was so sure it wouldn't be.

This to happened to my mom and dad back in 1971. My mom passed on with lung cancer in August and my dad's was found in December as I can recall. I know it was around Christmas. All I can say is hang on tight for you have been there before and know what to look out for and how to help. You will be a terrific caregiver once again. Never underestimate your own strength.

Oh Shellie,

I am in total shock. This just really sucks like Connie said! I am so sorry you are jumping on yet another da__ roller coaster ride. My heart goes out to you and I will be praying for both you and your dad. When the numbness wears off, lean on folks here to vent your anger and frustration when needed. You know, you may also find reasons to post in the Good News; don't give up yet!

God bless~

Karen M.

Guest Rosie (at the library)

I am so sorry to hear that shelly.

Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

It's just not right...

Hang in there.

Love and prayers,

Tammy