Happy Thanksgiving to my LC Family

LouT

All,

I hope it's okay to post this here.  I figured "General" was a good place to do it.  Having lung cancer this year was one of the worst things I've ever gone through.  When I came to this forum I was a hot mess; depressed, despondent, little hope for the future and scared to death.  So many of you were so wonderful to me.  I sometimes go back and read the original posts and feel the same comfort they gave me then.  You all helped to get me through this terrible time and on this Thanksgiving I am so thankful to be alive, NED, with my family and super thankful for finding all of you.  You gave me hope, strength, great advice and took me from helplessness to hope and recovery.  Thanks to all of you and while I'm not happy about having LC I sure am glad that I met all of you.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Lou

Hi All, 

Thank you Lou, for the warm holiday wishes.  I feel the same way, this is a very special place and I'm grateful for all of you.  Not sure how I would have made it through the last year without you all. 

So I just can't help myself.... a little ditty to kick off the holiday week.....

Lou-

You are a blessing in many ways.  I am happy that you are in a better place than when you were first diagnosed.  It goes to show how an extended family, whether they are online or in person can really help someone heal.  I hope you have a restful Thanksgiving.

Take Care,

Steff

I almost feel that I shouldn’t even be posting here, as I do not have lung cancer.....yet! My father did, and died at 46 when I was 12 years old, so I have lived most of my 62 years waiting and wondering when and if lung cancer will be my demise! Bless all of you on this Lungevity site, I love how you can all help each other going through these horrible events in life that you push through with such determination! I hope I can do the same one day if my nodule becomes cancer. Next CT scan is December 4th, scanziety is here to stay until the results are in......losing sleep, but hoping for the best!

Patty Mac.  You are ahead of the game!  Scans that will find something early!

I had vague symptoms for a couple of years but there were very plausible reasons. Who would have ever thought lung cancer?  Not until I developed a cough, then the scans began. Stage 4!  It’s a real kick in the ——! 

so stay on top of your scans and remember we are here if you need us

Happy Thanksgiving 

Thank you Lin so much for your reply, you are so right that I am ahead of the game at this point! I pray it continues, already have had many scans this year, but I will continue with them. Thankfully people are actually cured today from this nasty lung cancer, they are finally doing research to help people who develop it. I saw and remember vividly what my father went through, never want to experience that! Happy Thanksgiving to you too, and thank you again for your uplifting reply, it has helped me quite a bit, and I am very appreciative!

Happy Thanksgiving to all! 

I don't know how I would have coped with my lung cancer diagnosis without having all of you and your words of encouragement, information and HOPE!!  Bless you, Susan Rae

I must concur and wish to thank you, Lou, because exactly what you're grateful for is exactly what you gave me last week when I found this group and did my first post. I just happened to stumble upon this group when doing the intense internet searches for info that probably isn't out there yet. :-) 

I just wanted to say thank you for welcoming me and jump in on your post as I am very grateful for everyone here.

Archived