Hi! I'm new to the forum.

Ed or Buddy Cutler

I was diagnosed in July 2013 at age 67 with NSCLC-adenocarcinoma, with mets to my liver. At the time, there were only a few mutations that were known; my testing revealed that I had none of them (ALF, EGFR, KRAS negative).  I was started on chemotherapy - carboplatin, Avastin, and Alimta. After 16 months, a new tumor was detected and I was declared chemo-resistant. At that time, there were no FDA-approved immunotherapy treatments, so I was shown several clinical trials to review and discuss with my oncologist. The trial that we selected was a phase 1 combination of MEDI4736 (now known as durvalumab or Imfinzi) and tremelimumab. Unfortunately (as there was significant reduction in tumor size), I was able to stay in that trial for only 7 months due to side effects. Within a few months, I was accepted into another trial (phase 1, oral drug code named PBF-509), which I have been in since January 2016 with no side effects other than fatigue, and stable since January 2017.

Welcome Ed.  You been in the battle for 7 years!   You also show our crowd how many new treatments are becoming available ! 

The really good news is YOU ARE STABLE..

Thanks sharing your trip so far.  Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Donna  g

Ed,

I'm glad you're here and thanks for sharing some of the incredible trials you were part of.  It's good information to be able to impart to others who may not see the benefit of trials.  

Lou

Archived