Scan Results, good news!

Rower Michelle

Hi gang, 

This week I had the whole shebang, labs, brain MRI, CT Scan.  The scans were clear!  Labs were also all within the normal range.  The oncologist was very pleased (he's not very expressive) and wants to stay the course.  I've been on targeted therapy now for 27 months.  The average progression free survival is 34 months.  We have every reason to hope that based on the duration of the response thus far, I will likely exceed "the average".   Just another reminder that anything we read on Dr. Google is just numbers and nothing more.  

So I will carry on until the next set up labs in six weeks, and CT scan in twelve weeks.   

Michelle 

Congratulations! Such good news. 

I have to wait until Feb. 3 to get my scan results. But the good news is that I managed to wrangle a Covid vaccine (Moderna) later this afternoon. 

Good news to both. Michelle that was great news indeed. I describe your situation and mine as being in a holding pattern waiting to land. As long as there is progress 34 months is just around the corner.   Congratulations and continued success.

52 minutes ago, Judy M2 said:

Congratulations! Such good news. 

I have to wait until Feb. 3 to get my scan results. But the good news is that I managed to wrangle a Covid vaccine (Moderna) later this afternoon. 

Judy: I hope your scan results on the 3rd will be great.  I had to take a Covid-19 test today because I have a thyroid biopsy on the 2nd of February. Good luck to both of us.

Michelle, Woo, Hoo!  You're on a roll. Carry on!

Judy, I hope your results are as good as Michelle's!

Gary, Good wishes for your Covid test and biopsy!

Bridget O

Michelle,

I am thrilled.  I love the good news and if anybody can beat the average you can.  There is nothing average about you.  :)

Judy,

Fingers and toes crossed for good results for you as well.

Lou

Thanks all. The vaccine process was efficient and well coordinated. It felt like getting a flu shot. I even got a photo with a Doc Fauci cutout, but unfortunately the file size is too large to post here. 

Update: I changed my profile pic to include the good doctor. The staff actually recommended taking souvenir photos. 

1 hour ago, Judy M2 said:

It felt like getting a flu shot. I even got a photo with a Doc Fauci cutout, but unfortunately the file size is too large to post here. 

Heard a new one on FB the other day. It's not a vaccine, or a shot--it's a Fauci ouchie!

Michelle-

Great to hear your good news Michelle! 🙂 I'm right behind you also just receiving my CT results yesterday. "No evidence of recurrent or intrathoracic metastatic disease". Likewise my Brain MRI last Nov was clear and all my recent blood tests were within the normal range. You still on Alectinib? Great ALK+ TKI. I've been on it now for over 15 months now, right after I got kicked out of the Durva Club here....LOL). Likewise, labs & port flush every 6 weeks and CT's every 12 weeks.

-RonH

And another celebration. Ron has clean scans! Wonderful. Now let's pray all of us get two shots onboard so we can rejoin the life we fight so hard to sustain!

Stay the course.

Tom

Thank you all, your encouraging words helps keep me in the game.   I’ve spent the last two weeks advocating for individuals with serious illness to be prioritized for the COVID vaccine.  I’ve gotten support from the local media & the legislators.  The Governor shows no signs of retreat.  Meanwhile my cancer center is all over social media bragging about how they’ve all been vaccinated “to keep their cancer patients safe”.  What a load of BS.  I haven’t seen my oncologist I person for a year now.  We’ve been in Zoomland.   The hypocrisy of the cancer cancer administration is absolutely stunning.   

@RonH it’s always good to hear from you!  Yes, 27 months on Alectinib with the weight gain to prove it.  I’ve been listening in to the Sunday AlKtALKS, always learn something new.  

Carry on!  

Archived