Progression

Jennedy

I got my CT scan this morning. I got my results via the portal. I see the oncologist on Friday morning but even I can tell this is bad. I restarted Tagrisso end of November. Diagnosed June 2020. 

LUNGS/AIRWAYS: Mass at the superior segment of the right lower lobe measures 4.6 x 6.0 x 5.7 cm. Radiation fibrosis at the right upper lobe. Multiple scattered new pulmonary nodules in the right lung. For example, a couple representative pulmonary
nodules at the right middle lobe measure 1.2 cm (series 100, image 30) and 1.0 cm (series 900, image 36). Smaller satellite nodules adjacent to the dominant right lower lobe mass are also noted and partially obscured by adjacent fibrosis and a large
effusion. Unchanged bleb at the anterior right upper lung.
PLEURA: Large right pleural effusion
MEDIASTINUM/HILA: Subcarinal adenopathy with a lymph node that measures 1.3 cm in short axis dimension.
HEART/PERICARDIUM: Unremarkable
VESSELS: Unremarkable. No aneurysm
CHEST WALL/LOWER NECK: New lobulated soft tissue metastasis at the right shoulder adjacent to the rotator cuff musculature measuring approximately 1.9 cm (series 100, image 17; series 901, image 74). New bulky partially visualized left supraclavicular
adenopathy with areas of low central density in the enlarged lymph nodes suggestive of central necrosis. A representative lymph node measures 2.5 x 2.3 cm.
UPPER ABDOMEN: Multiple new hepatic metastases throughout the right and left lobes. Largest visible metastasis at the periphery of the right lobe measures 3.4 cm (series 900, image 65).

I am hoping the oncologist has some tricks up his sleeve.

Thanks

Jenny

Oh Jenny,  this totally sucks.  Definitely not the results any of us ever hope for.  You gotta know the oncologists today have a lot in their tool kit, particularly when it comes to EGFR resistance.  The scientists learn more each year.  How are you feeling physically?   Hold onto your hope!  Will keep you in our prayers..   Big hug and lots of Love, 

Michelle 

@Rower MichelleThanks Michelle.  i knew something was up because my cough has gotten worse. I've been tired. I was preparing to take leave in early March. May be sooner.

the oncologist told me when I had pneumonitis that he had other drugs and treatments in his pocket. He's going to have to show them now.

So sorry. Keep us posted especially on your oncologists treatment recommendations.  Keep the faith.

Peace

Tom

Jenny,

Oh my! Ok, many of us have had progression. Unfortunately it is common with lung cancer. I hope some of your oncologist's hold cards include immunotherapy and precision radiation, especially for the shoulder met. Put on your battle rattle, lock and load, and proceed purposely down range to destroy your lung cancer!

Stay the course.

Tom

Well, the triplet is what he pulled out of his pocket. We did a liquid biopsy today, but I start Carboplatin, Alimta & Keytruda on Friday. I get a port on Tuesday. 

The good news is, my youngest daughter got engaged today. I haven't told her yet. I didn't want to spoil her day.

I hope the port procedure is uneventful, does the onc think anything might pop up in the liquid biopsy?  It’s good to see all avenues are being evaluated too.  

It’s nice to hear about your daughter’s engagement!  I totally understand your situation, my diagnosis arrived as my sister was celebrating a birthday girls weekend in Miami- I didn’t want to spoil her time...

Hi, Jenn,

Well, dang. That sucks. 

OTOH, I didn't have too rough a time with the triplet. I have no actionable mutations, but so far, I've had a GREAT response and am now on maintenance therapy of Alimta and Keytruda alone (done with the Carboplatin, which is the more toxic/intense of the chemo drugs). Hopefully you will have a good response, too. 

And I can't say enough good things about my port. Even for blood draws and for contrast when I get my scans, it is SOOO much better than getting a needle in the arm (my veins are VERY tough to get, and apparently chemo can make that even worse). With the port, you get a tiny stick one time per visit (no matter how many infusions/draws you have), and a little bandaid over it when you're done for the day. Quick/easy and virtually painless. I think you'll really be glad you got one.

Hang in there!

Jenny,

I've been away a bit and am just catching up.  I'm sorry to hear about the progression, but as Tom says, this is part and parcel of this darned disease.  Please keep us informed how this is going for you.  You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Lou

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jennedy, just want to chime in to say I’m thinking of you and praying for you. My mom was also diagnosed in June 2020. Cancer progressed after chemo, but is currently stable under Keytruda.

I trust your doctor will have a good Plan for you 💕

Archived