prayers please for my brother

shirleyb

Well,

When it rains it pours. When someone in my family has ever done something, it is never small.....they always have to do a bang up job of things.

My brother was admitted to the hospital yesterday with what appears to be a heart attack. He is a 4 year cancer survivor. He had to have one lung removed back then. Well, the CT scan shows a thickening of the plueral of his remaining lung. It may be scar tissue from the previous treatments but in my gut, it is this ugly beast coming back. He is only 49.

Please just say a prayer for Dave. Please pray for strenght, for peace, and that this is just a scare and not cancer again. Please say a prayer for me to be strong to help him and his family get through this. I know I can't do this on my own.

I know David is not Randy, but that is who is flashing in my brain and I am seeing him all over again through this. My SIL said the same thing. Please don't let David be like Randy was. I am scared.

We hopefully will know more by the end of the day today.

Thanks in advance. I know the power of prayer, that is why I am asking now.

Much love and peace to you all.

Shirley

Shirley I am so sad to read your post. This would be your brother who had such a hard time , having been through lung cancer, with the fact Randy also had lung cancer? I met him at Randy's funeral. Boy you sure don't want to wish a heart attack on someone 49, but I sure hope that is all there is to it. Prayers going up for Dave. Donna G

Shirley, my heart is breaking after reading your post. I am saying a prayer right now that this latest scare is nothing but scar tissue and your brother has a quick recover from his heart attack. May the Lord guide your family through this ordeal and quickly set him on the path to recovery.

Thinking of you,

Heather

Thank you everyone.

David got out of the hospital today. All the tests so far have come up good and they felt he would rest better at home. They have changed some of his meds and added a few too. So now it is waiting for the rest of the test results to come back.

The good news, is there has been no change in the CT scan of his lung. They are really feeling it is scar tissue and nothing more with that. They were able to compare it to his last three and it has not changed. THANK GOD FOR THAT. The rest of the issues are doable, but as you all well know, the cancer is the very scary one for me. I don't think I could handle losing him to it too right now or anytime soon.

Thank you all for caring and praying.

I can't tell you how much you all mean to me.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Much love,

Shirley

Again,

I want to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

My brother is doing well. He has to learn how to let somethings go and relax. It is not an easy thing to do when you are a true type A person.

I have always believed in threes. When something happens, it seems to come in threes.

Well I found out what the other two are. My BIL in WA had heart surgery last Thursday to put a stint in. He is doing well and recovering very nicely.

I also found out some really not good news on Randy's only uncle. He has rectal cancer. This man was like a father to Randy when he was young and has always been just the nicest person you could want to know. Right now they are waiting for an appointment with the VA onc to get a plan together on how to treat him. From what they have been told, it looks like they will be able to get it all when the surgery is done and if you have to have cancer they told him this was the best kind. Still is very scary.

I am just praying for him and his wife and the rest of you on this board that God gives us not what we want but what we need to live. I have faith that He will lead us down the path we call life with grace and strength.

I think of everyone here each day and pray for all of us.

It sometimes seems like there is a bubble around this family here and we all just stick together to help each other. I guess that is what you call friends and family. You are my family and I love you all.

Thanks for being here, for caring and for sharing. I read the posts everyday but have not been posting much in return. I will work on that and try to be more of a contributor. Just know, you are in my prayers daily.

Much love,

Shirley

Shirley,

Even though I didn't see your post earlier this week because I was sick. You and your family are in my prayers each day...

Dear God,

I raise David up to you for complete and total healing. For you said

"By your stripes we are healed" and we claim that healing for David. If it be your will it will be done. You always answer our prayers. Thank you... I pray and ask this in Jesus name...

Blessings and hugs

Karen