Brain Surgery, Tuesday April 6th - Prayers please

karen335

Karen-

Bestest prayers going out for you. Your attitude and confidence sound very positive, and the surgeon sounds terrific. Looking forward to the days when you can post again yourself. In the meantime, thanks to Bob for keeping us informed. :D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Karen,

In some ways you must be glad you finally have a time and date and can get that da** benign lump out of your head, get off the steroids and have a really cute skinny little figure.

You know I will have nothing but positive thoughts and many prayers for you on Tuesday morning. Make sure that Bob updates up PRONTO.

Stay tough.

Love,

Ginny

Karen,

What you have already gone through is truly amazing and I have no doubt that this is only a setback, and you will be good as new....

Will be looking for Bob's updates....

Hi Pretty Lady,

Karen, I am so glad that you are o.k. with this surgery ad have every confidence in your doctor. You let us do any worrying if there is anything at all to worry about. Hey Andrea, you, me and Angie can be on that committee since we are all pretty good worry warts. And Karen, I am suprised that Ginny let you escape with "the Dr. said that there didn't look like there was anything else up there." Tee Hee :lol: She started this whole "Empty Headed Club." Ha! Anyway. I am sure she would like nothing more than to intiate you herself. WE will all be there for your coronation. You are in my prayers and I am crossing everything that will cross. And on a serious note, Karen this will all be over with soon and you will be just fine.

We love you Karen!

Cheryl

Karen....You live in the right place where you can benefit the most from the latest technologies and the very best surgeons. Along with the others on this board....I'll be pulling for an 'uneventful' surgery and recovery. Prayers will be coming from the heart.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to sy, thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your prayers, well wishes and kindness. I don't know what I would do without all of you. This site has been my lifeline for the last almost year. I don't know what or where I would be without everyone and the support. This is my home away from home, my sanity and a true blessing to me. I cannot express how grateful I am. I will be up and posting soon after this surgery. Can't keep me down, I'm too resillient (sp?) and can't sit still. Have to keep the ball rolling and stay on top. In the meantime, I will have Bob post how I am doing while in the hospital. I am so blessed to have him. My soul mate for 20 years and it just gets stronger and better with each day... :D

All things are possible through Christ and I know He will be pushing me to get well and come home...

Blessings from my heart and you are all, always in my prayers each and every day.

Love and hugs,

Karen

Sounds like everything's in place, Karen.

By the way, I work in a neurosurgical ICU, so ask me if you've got questions. You'll need the corticosteroid after surgery to control swelling, but hopefully it can be stopped altogether once the mass is gone. Good news about brain surgery: there are no pain receptors in the brain, so the only pain is in the scalp. No big thing.

Wishing you a simple brain surgery, Teresa

:)

Karen,

You will be in my thoughts, too, on Tuesday morning.

Beat wishes for a successful operation and a speedy recovery.

Come back to us soon and let us know how you are doing!!! (Can your husband log in and keep us posted before then, by any chance? I know he'll be busy fussin' and frettin' over ya--but we will want to hear how well you are doing... I'm being selfish over here in New York).

Melinda

Just want to wish you all the best for tomorrow morning. I bought you a really sick card so I hope they don't get near the area where your sense of humor is located. :wink:

You take care, the "club" members will all be toasting you in chat on Tuesday, so don't be concerned if your ears are burning. :P

Take care,

Rochelle

Hi all. Thank you so much for all the prayers and your support. I am so ready to do this and get it over and all behind me. I will be able to be in the empty headed club. Yahoooo

Ry, I'm looking forward to getting that card, as Clint Eastwood would say, make my day! I love ya. You are an awesome lady. I am so happy to know you... I hope after tomorrow's chat I'll still have ears, empty head with no ears and or hair...

Melinda, Norme, Margaret, Dean and all. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am so blessed to know ALL of you. I am giving Bob a 101 course on posting this evening. Hope he does ok, I have confidence he can do it. It will probably be short and sweet. He not too much of a talker or writer...

Blessings, prayers and hugs to all of you,

Karen

Karen,

Don't be too worried about losing your hair with brain surgery. Someone that I used to work with had a "SURPRISE" benign brain tumor removed about two years ago - three days after surgery (when he was allowed to have visitors) you couldn't tell he'd had his head opened because they didn't shave his whole head, just where they needed to actually cut. Sure, there was SOME hair missing, but it had to be pointed out - with your surgery on the back of the head, a comb-over won't be necessary!

Nothin' but good thoughts coming your way!

Becky

Hi Karen,

I am in So Cal too and at 10:30 tomorrow morning I will stop and say a prayer for you and your doctors. I just know everything will come out fine. My husband had a benign brain tumor removed when our son was 3 years old - his recovery was remarkable and I am sure yours will be too.

May God bless you and wrap His loving, caring arms around you.

Hugs,

Nancy B

In case Karen's husband should not be able to post tomorrow (I'm sure he will be at hospital) if anyone talks to him at the hospital, PLEASE post for us. Karen you will be in my prayers tonight and again at 10:30 EST (7:30 PST). I just know that everything is going to be ok.

Bruce