May I please have your permission to use your pictures?

Sam'swifeShirley

Dear Family,

Thanks for you kind words and encouragement. My mind is continuously spinning trying to plan and prepare for what others have been working on for months. However, I believe if I can collect $1.00 or a $1000.00 that it might just be the amount needed for a lung cancer cure. I have two primary goals for the Relay. They are collecting donations and lung cancer awareness. Someone asked about donations and all donations are to made to the American Cancer Society. This is where my LCSC info will hopefully steer interest to the site and perhaps lc donations. Today I recruited some team members who will be collecting donations at Fayette Medical, put out 79 flyers in the neighborhood and ordered our team banner for the opening ceremony team parade. I changed our team name to "Breathing For A Cure". KatieB has agreed to send me the lc banner that I will use in our tent, which Fayette Medical is going to provide. I am making progress.

TeeTaa, it sounds like your team is very organized and I wish you Berry, Berry, much success. I live south of the airport in Tyrone and the Relay will be in Fayetteville, the county seat. Would love to meet you guys if you could come and T-Bone, we straighten out those Yankees when they move to Fayette County. (Just Kidding)

LilyJohn, Dabaroo, Hebbie, RayA, Don Wood, ShirleyB and all, I am the one honored and consider it a privilege to display your beautiful faces. For weeks now, I have read and reread Sam's posts and your replies. While I never heard your voices, my mind has assigned one to each of you. Those kind voices have helped keep me sane with their words of reassurance and comfort. This site and my beloved Dr. Sambo have been my inspiration just to get out of bed these many weeks. Dear Norme, you give so much just being here.

Thanks again to each of you and yes Tiny, I hope Sam is proud. I am constantly learning of so many people he has touched and I am so very proud to have been Mrs. Sam.

May God Bless Us All.

Sam'swifeShirley