New puppy

Mary A

Hi, I am David A's wife, and our family would like to say thank you so very much for all your support and love which you all have shared with us. We wanted to share with you that we now have a new puppy in our home, and his name is "Harley"--Frankie and David thought that their dad would like that name, and I think he would!

Mary Ann

Mary - gosh, I am SO SORRY you lost your wonderful husband.

My husband, David C, was crushed by David A's death. If you go into David A', mailbox you might see a few private messages they shared.

Your husband was a total sweetheat.

I am so glad you got a puppy, and I love the name. In fact, my boss has a dog named Harley!

Take care and keep us posted on how you're doing and let us know if anyone can help you in any way we can, support-wise at least, OK?

Karen C.

Hi Mary Ann~

So glad to see you on and hear about the new puppy. Harley is the perfect name. Hope you and the boys are hanging in there. If I can do anything for you or the boys please call me, I'm not too far away. Happy to babysit or whatever you need.

Rochelle

Hi Mary,

just wanted to let you know that David is very much missed here. If you ever feel the need to talk just PM me. I can see David posting now and telling us about the puppy. Heaven help if it did something it should not have. David would had a ball over that. Again...Welcome.

Drop in on our Chat sometime.

Mary Ann,

Am so glad you joined the board.. it is nice to "meet you".

Wishing you the best of luck with Harley... I am sure the boys will love him!!! Hope that you all are doing "okay"......

I have to figure if the puppy was female, you'd have named her....Mustang Sally....right? :wink:

Mary, I haven't been here that long...so didn't "know" your David well...but boy, a few things were very obvious: He had great humor, was well loved around here, had a "thing" for the Pistons and his "stang"...and mostly, he loved his family a ton!!

I'm so glad you added Harley to your family and I betcha David is up there right now applauding the addition too....and the name! 8)

I hope you'll come around and keep us posted on how you and the boys are doing...and also regale us with a few puppy tales. You and Snowflake might want to compare notes on puppy antics! :wink:

So...what breed/breeds is Harley? As you might be able to tell from my avatar pic...my two are mutts...pound puppies. Black one is male, the "blonde" is female.

Dogs are wonderful "therapy"....full of love and affection. Enjoy the new pupper....and it's real good to hear from you.

Hi Mary Ann,

Harley is adorable. I stopped by the humane society after leaving today to "window shop" and saw some beautiful dogs that need a home, one black lab in particular kept staring at me and a couple of the kittens and cats grabbed my attention. I may have to borrow Harley from you sometime when you and the boys are going to be away on a cub scout camp out or other event that requires you to be away from home overnight and test my skills as a puppy's mom.

Love,

Dede

Mary Ann,

Hello! First off, I think David would have LOVED that name! How are you and the boys? David talked about you guys SO often, I was wondering how you guys were with all that was going on in your family. I know its been a ROUGH ROUGH road for you. We all miss him so much, even though we never met, I still feel the loss. Good luck with that puppy, how bout a picture!

Jamie

Mary Ann -

Send us a picture of the puppy!

When I first read your post, I had a picture of David sitting up in heaven next to HIS dog, watching and directing your boys, as his dog watched and directed the puppy. Bittersweet.

I hope the puppy brings much love to your home - and when he's not being exactly angelic, try to remember that there IS at least a little bit of angel IN him.

Glad you joined us, and let us know whatever we can do to help,

Hugs and prayers,

SandyS

Mary Ann,

We all loved DavidA...he was such a sweetie and funny too. I am sure he would have loved the name Harley.

I am glad you posted...I have wanted to tell you hello and say "nice to meet you." I know this has been a really rough time for you and your entire family...just know that you all are in our prayers.

Can't wait to hear the puppy tales.

Nina

Just wanted to offer my welcome as well. As much as we miss David here on the board, I can just imagine what it's like for y'all.

I'll bet those boys are having a ball with Harley . . . and Daddy's up there watching and enjoying every minute of it.

Blessings,

TeeTaa

Mary A,

Glad you have posted here. I would like to welcome you also and hope you post often. I am happy to read that you have a new addition to your family and pray that all is going well for you and your boys. We miss David's posts and look forward to your posts. Harley is a great name. Please post a picture of your new puppy. :D You and the boys are in my prayers...

God Bless,

Karen

Mary Ann,

Thanks for posting and letting us know a little of how David's family is doing. Guess there are few things sweeter than puppy breath in this world. This addition should be wonderful for the boys...they can share their feelings (hurts and joys) with Harley and that will help them. It is so difficult to see the fallout of this disease, especially on young families...my heart and prayers go out to you all.

Blessings and Peace,

Margaret

You and your sons have my deepest sympathy for the loss of David and also my best wishes on the arrival of your new puppy! New puppies seem to be going around right now--I think there's three people on the board here who just got them. Nothing like it--great company and great therapy for people to raise a puppy, I think.....

Cindy