Paddy and David

K and Kids

I just got word last night that Dad's doctors have given him 2 to 3 weeks. My dear friends have been visiting Mom and Dad and keeping close tabs on things for me. My one friend (who is an RN) called me last night after spending time with Mom and Dad. She was very honest with me and said that we should make our trip sooner than later. Dad is hardly eating anything. He is very weak. The doctors are going to see if they can clamp the chest tube and get him home but that will of course have consequences as the hole in Dad's lung has not healed. The goal is to get him home if at all possible.

My focus right now is to get the kids and I out there ... possibly this weekend. My sister is also looking at flying out at this time. She can spend longer with Mom so that will be good. I have school to worry about for Maia ... we have spoken to her teachers and I will be organizing independent study work to be sent with us. My Aunt and Uncle are planning to arrive and stay as long as Mom needs them too.

Mom and Dad are doing OK right now. While Dad would dearly love to be home and free from poking and prodding ... there is a chance that this will not be possible. He does not want to burden Mom with having to do all the physical care etc. Between all of us we hope to make it possible though.

I will try to keep you updated but with all that is going on it might be difficult. Please know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers and how grateful we are that you are here for Mom and Dad. I will eventually see any messages on here as at some point I will have access to Mom's computer.

Take care

Karen...

I'm so sorry. My thought are with you and your family as you face this difficult time. I'm so glad you will be able to spend more time with your folks...and take your kids out there too.

Just know I'm thinking of you, sending thoughts your way.

Karen,

I am so saddened to hear this news. It is wonderful that you and your sister and aunt and uncle will be there for your Mother and Father.

Please let your Mother know that I am thinking about her. This will be a very tough time for all of you but it is so good you will be together as a family.

God bless you all.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you--

As a teacher, let me assure you, that your daughter's schoolwork is of course secondary. Take the work with you, and have someone sit down with her to do it. I just prepared work for 4 students going on vacation this week---we do this often. Your case is needed. I tell parents to sit with the child and do the work with them. Anyone can do it, it doesn't have to be you. It's the concepts that are important, not the paper itself.

Take care

gail

Karen,

I am so sorry and so sad. I'm sitting at my desk at work with tears. I am just brokenhearted to get this news, and I am so sorry for you, your mom and the rest of your family. I hope that David is comfortable and not having any pain. Please tell your mom that I love her and I am praying for all of you. May God help you all to be strong.

Love,

Peggy

Dear Karen -- and everyone else in the family,

I'm so sorry to hear your news. I only hope that David can be made more comfortable and that he can escape that poking and probing. Any hope of hospice help?

Do get there asap...and as others have said, the schoolwork is portable.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers,

Ellen

(((Karen)))

I am so sorry for this sad turn of events. I am happy you are able to make the trip back to help your family out. It will be such a comfort later on, knowing that you were able to go. Please let your Mom and Dad know that my prayers and the prayers of lots of others here are going out for them.

Blessings

Betty