Sixty

Nushka

Hello everyone.

I just had to share with you that I turned 60 today. I was 58 on dx and never thought I would live this long. I thank God for this and want to thank all of you for your prayers. My sweet husband surprised me tonight with a nice dinner out with my two brothers and sister and their families and my children and their families. Some good friends also joined us. 19 in all came and we laughed and hugged and laughed and ate.

You folks seem like family to me now and I wanted to share my good day with all of you. I never thought I would enjoy being 60. After all that is in the OLD section of the charts...but I am so pleased that I don't feel old at all. I do, however, understand the senior jokes from a first hand experience lately. :oops: Could that be a sign? :)

This journey has not been fun, but like Becky says...the company is great. Thanks for being there for me

Nina

PS. One of the cards I got tonight said, "Sixty....it sounds alot like sexy" Then you open the card and it says "Oh what irony."

Awwww, Nina.....Happy, Happy Birthday!! Age really is a state of mind, much of the time, you know. If it weren't for mirrors and creaking bones, I'd have NO CLUE that I was encroaching on 60 myself. But hey...you know what they say? Getting older STILL beats the alternative! :wink:

You DO have a terrific AND youthful attitude....and I hope it sees you to 70 and then 80, and beyond - still feeling good and having fun!

Sounds like a wonderful birthday spent with family and friends...enjoying good food (and drink? :wink: )...and it doesn't get much better than that! Here's to many, many more such days!

(P.S. - My 60th will be in Sept. 2006 - just about two years out from the end of treatment....so hitting my 60th is a major goal for me. You'll be my inspiration...okay? :) )

Just want to say thank you for your good wishes. It means alot to me to have you all as friends. Its almost 2 years (dx Feb 17th, 2003) for me and this birthday was kind of special for that reason alone. My next chest xray is in Jan, 2005 and if that is clear as well, I can mark 2 years on my calendar. I think of all of you many times a day and pray for all of us daily. I hope we all make it past the 5year mark....then 10 etc.

Nina

Nina ... along with all the rest of the gang, I wish you the happiest of birthday. It sounds like a great party and what fun to be in the middle of it all. YOu must have felt like the bell of the ball to be surrounded and honored by so much love.

You are just a darling and an inspiration to me. I hope to hedouble l that i get to be sixty... I like Don's response...you are just a kid....leave it to Don Wood.

love, cindi o'h