Thankful and sad

I wanted to wish all of you my extended family Merry Christmas and may we all have a better 2005 then we did 2004.

I am expecially thinking of those who lost a loved one in the last few weeks and months.

I am thankful that my sister is tolerating her chemo well. She has had her third treatment and has three to go. Her hair is thinning but not gone yet. Her re-construction, although painful, is coming along week by week. Her boyfriend proposed to her on the day of her third chemo and we now have a happy event to look forward to this summer.

I close on mom and dads house wednesday. I am excited and scared, its my first home. There is still allot of work to do but I have 2 months until I have to be out of my apartment.

I am going into the hospital myself tomorrow for some tests on mysterious chest pains that I am saying are from stress and/or anxiety but we will know for sure after tomorrow.

I miss my parents desperately, especially this time of year. I was visiting there graves to put there Christmas flowers and grave blanket on and there was a funeral going on just over from them. It was a 17 year old boy killed in a car crash. I watched for a moment and saw his parents faces. I was heart broken for them.

Strangely I fealt grateful that my parents were together now and neither one of them is missing the other one this christmas.

I still have my sister and for that I thank God daily.

I don't have it as bad as some and I am thankful for that as well. My pain is easing a bit, others are still in the first stages of it.

I hope we all do better next year than we did this year.

Oh Shellie,

You have been through so much..Its a little strange when I started to read your post I could feel some peace through your words.. You and your sister are blessed to have each other....I am hoping many of us have a better holiday this year than last year, although for some I know it will be their first without their loved ones... Sending prayers for all of us XO

Shelly,

I think that there is always in a worse position that we are if we look for it. Its just so hard to look. I feel your pain and am so glad that your sister has you and vise versa. Maybe soon, this cancer thing will not have to be a daily routine for both of you. Merry Christmas.

Nina

Hi Shelly,

There's nothing like the holidays to reach out and touch our hearts and our minds with memories of all those we love, living and those passed on. To you and all of our family here, I wish you a beautiful holiday season and a much brighter 2005.

My prayers are with you Shelly , as you go through those tests.

God Bless you,

sue

Shellie!

I wish you a merry Christmas, I wish you a merry Christmas, I wish you a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I wish the same for Katie as well. You have both had a long dark journey, but it sounds like you are coming to a peaceful happy place to rest and recover. Congratulations to Katie on her engagement and to you on your new home. May this next year be as joyful as possible.

Blessings

Betty

I am thankful that my sister is tolerating her chemo well . . . Her boyfriend proposed to her on the day of her third chemo and we now have a happy event to look forward to this summer.

Wow! This gave me goose bumps. I'm so happy for your sister and that you all have something to look forward to.

I close on mom and dads house wednesday. I am excited and scared, its my first home. There is still allot of work to do but I have 2 months until I have to be out of my apartment.

This, too, is SO exciting. You will really enjoy having a house to take care of. It will keep you busy and give you a lot of satisfaction. I hope you will take a lot of before pictures. 10 or 20 years from now you won't believe how different your house will look.

I am going into the hospital myself tomorrow for some tests on mysterious chest pains that I am saying are from stress and/or anxiety but we will know for sure after tomorrow.

Whoa! What did you find out? I sure pray that everything is ok with the results. Don't forget to let us know.

I hope we all do better next year than we did this year.

Me, too, Shellie. Me, too!

Thank you for this wonderful update about all that is going on in your life. May God bless you in 2005 with more blessings than you know what to do with. :) I pray that you will be posting one good news post after another.

Love,

Peggy

Shelli, I think it's just awesome about your sister becoming engaged in the middle of treatment. he must be an awesome guy and I bet your sis is an awesome gal.

It does give you perspective to see others suffering. Losing a child is a horrible thing.

Please keep us posted on your tests and your sister's progress, and of course how the house is coming along!

God Bless,

Karen

Hey Shellie,

Merry Christmas to you and your family.....seems like things are looking up for you though. Enjoy that new house. Working on my house has always been one of my favorite pasttimes, it's fun to make things the way you want them rather than just putting up with someone else's decorating.

I join you in wishing all of us a great 2005!

Cindy

Dear Shellie,

I have just realized I didn't answer your post and so I will do it now.

I wish you a much happier year this year and hope that you will enjoy living in your very own home.

Congratulations to your sister on her engagement and I hope you all enjoy planning for her wedding, how exciting for you all!

I am sure you have found out by now that the mysterious chest pain was stress. It can also be from crying a lot and I know you have had penty of tears in the last while. Well now you can look forward to happier times.

Lots of love and prayers to you and your Sister,

Paddy

Shelly,

I am hoping you got more good news and that your pain is just stress. I know closing on your home and the holidays, and your sister all have it's own little piece for adding to your stress level.

I am thankful that you feel the way you do about your folks. They are together along with all the rest of your family that has passed. Just think, they are with their parents and grandparents. Just as we know we will be one day too. That is such an amazing thought to have. Alittle bizarre in it's own way, but comforting too.

So what did you find out and did the closing of your home go okay?

I am so glad you posted. It has uplifted me today.

Thanks for sharing and being here.

Much love,

Shirleyb

Dear Shelly,

I'm hoping that this New Year will be a lot happier --not less eventful, just more happy-eventful. And it sounds as if it's off to a good start, with your sister's engagement and your house. Now for a clean bill of health for you with those tests -- that'll help get rid of the stress!

All the best,

Ellen