I'm still here!

betplace

I haven't been posting very much, as this time the chemo is kicking my butt pretty heavily. Extreme fatigue and I got a taste of the misery of nausea and barfing yesterday.

However the pain has started to go away, so I am feeling like the treatment is working. It has lessened considerably and I have been able to lower the amount of morphine I am taking.

I am reading every day though and I am praying for all of us daily.

Welcome to all the new people that have joined us in the last couple of months!

PS Ginney, thanks for the card it brightened my day considerably!

Blessings to all

Betty

Betty,

I am sorry you are feeling like you are right now. Maybe, as you said you are kicking that monster's butt. I hope you feel much better soon and will be happy dancing again. I have really missed seeing your smiling face on the board. Keeping you in my prayers daily Betty. Have you got someone to help you? I worry about you and hope that some of your many friends are doing the grocery shopping etc and making you feel comfortable.

Nina

Have you got someone to help you? I worry about you and hope that some of your many friends are doing the grocery shopping etc and making you feel comfortable.

Nina

Thanks for your concern Nina, I do have a tenant who has rented my front room for over 8 years, so as you can imagine he is my good friend. He cooks when I am too sick, he keeps the house clean, and in general is a wonderful help to me. Yet he gives me my own space and doesn't hover over me! So I am not entirely alone.

Everyone else thanks for all the lovely support, this is such a wonderful site, I am trying to post more often.

Blessings

Betty

Betty, you are one of my favorite folks on this board, you truly are, and I worry about you, especially because you are single, so I am so glad to hear that you have such a kind, helpful tenant. God brings us angels in all different ways.

It really sounds like your chemo is working. But I wonder - Dave has SCLC, you know, and he had carbo and VP-16 for his initial bout of SCLC which was contained to his lungs. For his bonkitis recurrence he just finished six month of cisplatin and CPT-11. Am wondering why you had VP-16 twice instead of the CPT-11 the first time? well, if it's working it doesn't matter. Just a thought.

Hang in there, kiddo. I am really rooting for you!

Karen