DeanCarl update - Thanks for your love

DeanCarl

Hi Family, Thank you for your loving posts - You are truly Dean's only family members besides me (and his daughter who calls once a week - he had a chance to be a Dad for 7 years and she moved back to WA in Jan 2004 to live with her Mom - although she is in Denial of Dean's Cancer).

Dean also had a second chance, in our minds, of not leaving, yet. And by not going out in a blaze of fire. It was/is traumatic. We are healing.

The hospital bed arrived June 15th and June 16th 2005; we made it to our 21st Anniversary (last year KatieB said: "Why not go for 21?" (Right-on KatieB!!!). At that time Dean's "goal" was to make it to his 25th Sobriety date on Nov 22, 2004 - which seemed like a long time away. We were so shortsighted about the possiblites of the "when". And thank God, the "accident" was not the "when". Dean has outlived the kinda parameters given of 15 - 18 months; he reached his 21st month Survival date on the date of the "accident".

We are truly blessed. Dean is able to see and hear his birds (especially Mr. Bobble Head Bird who greets him each day) through our livingroom window in our Heaven on earth in Alpine, CA, since he spends his days in the hospital bed (along with our 2 cats "guarding him" and comforting him, too).

Thank you all so much for caring. I'll post further updates as time (and energy) permits. Thank you Ry for all you've been there for us on the phone (with all you got going - you are one fantastic lady) and for posting a msg to let all you wonderful folks know Dean is ok. You are his family and lifeline.

Gay (wife of DeanCarl)

Hi Gay and DeanCarl.

Glad to hear Dean is as tough as I always thought he was, and is on the mend (although we all know that mending isn't always as easy as it appears to be on the outside). So take it easy DeanCarl. You don't have anything to prove...relax and let the little birdies assist the mending process. (And strap a fire extinguisher to that scooter of yours :wink: ,if you're going to keep on puffing) Take care.

David P.

I am so glad to hear that you are now settled at home with your beloved pets. Sometimes I think a pet can be better medicine than the drugs themself are.

You are both an inspiration and true survivors.

God bless you for better days ahead and soon a celebration of anniversary #22!

Wendy

Gay ,

Thanks for the update. Dean is such a special member here. His posts always read like a classic novel. He is truly in touch with life and my life is richer for having been touched by his words. Tell him we love him, miss him and wish him a speedy recovery. God be with both of you.

Love and Prayers,

Sue

Dear Gay,

We are his family as well as he is ours. I dont think there is anyone on this board that doesnt look forward to reading Dean's wise words. We all care so very much and are saying our prayers for a quick and as painless recovery as can be. Give him my love, and love to you too Gay!

God Bless You Both,

Jane

Yes, thank Ry for posting regarding Dean. She is one amazing woman. And thanks, Gay, for the Dean update. He is a favorite of this group. We all love him so much!

Glad he has his birds and cats to keep him company.

Wishing you quick healing, Dean! Get better soon!

love, Cindi o'h

Hello Gay,

It's good to see you back on here. You guys hang in there. Try to have a good 4th. I know this is hard on both of you. I hope Dean heals quickly and is able to play poker and post again.

Rochelle

Thank you so much Gay for the update on Dean.

I am so glad he is back home and with his birds. That must be such a comfort to him. I know how much he loves them.

I pray for a quick recovery for him and I am sending him good mediation vibes.

Have a great 4th of July!!

Maryanne

Dean Carl, like others around here, you have it backward. Thank YOU. You have a marvelous spirit that lets you enjoy and appreciate the wildlife around your home, then tell us about it, and all the while sharing your own experiences with us.

A spirit such as yours is easy to love and appreciate and to treasure.

Di

Dean and Gay,

I am so glad to hear you're on the mend, I truly hope it's not too painful. Congratulations on your 21st anniversary (and on becoming one of the "good old timers at 25 years sober!).

love and prayers,

xoxo

amie

Gay,

So glad to hear Dean is home and relaxing with his cats by his side... I for one am honored to be considered part of Dean's family.... what a truly wonderful man he has been and continues to be to all of us.... Love, Sharon

Hi Dean Carl & Gay ! Gay, thank you so very much for posting and letting us know how things are going! Congratulations on that 21st anniversary! The years really fly when you're spending them with someone you love! I pray that Dean will continue to have good days!!!