Last Post for a bit

rvillella

Well all, today I go in and tomorrow I have the lung removed. I won't be able to communicate for a little bit. I don't have my laptop and the VA doesn't use WiFi. But either my wife or I will post as soon as possible after the surgery. Everybody has been so kind and I want to thank you all again for the words of encouragement and support. I refuse to let this get me down or take me out. I'll be around for a long time.

Ralph :wink:

Way to go Ralph. Keep that chin up high and go in with that positive addietude!! It's 9/10ths of the battle. You'll do fine! I had that same surgery 10 years ago, and by golly, I'm still here and kicking my heals as high as I can, that is without falling on my rear! :roll::wink:

Best wishes, and I'll be looking to see yours or your wifes post on how your doing.

Before I forget, get yourself or tell your wife to get you a small pillow for under your arm on the side they are doing the surgery. They really are a god sent. My Hospital gave me a lung pillow. Kind of cute!

Good luck, and stay strong. Hugs to you and your wife!

Ralph...we will be thinking of you and praying that all goes well with your surgery. Please let us know how you are doing as soon as you feel up to it. It's so good to see such a positive attitude!! Attitude does matter!!!

Good Luck to you... I had my left one removed in 2001 and I'm still hanging in there. the first 24 hrs were the worst. Keep thinking in your mind that the surgery is a "GOOD" thing. You are lucky that it is an option for you.

They will give you stuff to ease the pain, I took my first spin down the hall the day after surgery. From then on they couldn't keep me down. (I hate hopitals) DO YOUR BREATHING EXERCISES!! They will help you both now and as you recoup. It will really help to build up your remaining lung and make it stronger.

Good luck and if you have any questions post.. I'm sure many of us "one lungers" have some helpful hints if you need them. Many thoughts and Prayers for a successful surgery!

Get well soon! Ralph!

And feel so good about getting that nasty old lung outta there! Needs to go!

Can't wait til you are back so that we can help you to get back on your feet.

Remember, there is much experience here with post surgery survival. If you get stumped, there will be someone here who can help you.

I hear that walking as soon as possible is good for your recovery.

Cindi o'h