Getting to Know You.....Day 3

Ann

What are you wearing today that is most reflective of who you really are???

I guess this would have to be my jeans. Although I'm in a management position with the company I work for, I almost fought for the right to wear jeans in the office. Now, all the gals can wear jeans and company polo shirts. I think we look professional and are comfortable. I work for a contractor, so I feel that people don't exactly expect this to be a "hose and heels" office. The jeans represent my ability to fight for an issue and stand up for what I believe to be right!!!!

I am on the road all day, no office to go too expect here on my company computer at home. My company is based in Boston. Hey Rich, my company owns Gillette stadium there :D. Being an employee I could actually get tickets to the Rolling Stones concert at face valus. $168.00. :shock:

I visit food stores, but I never wear shorts of capris, but slacks and and a top. If I keep my clothes clean enough I could get away with wearing it twice in a row as I am in different stores the next day. :wink:

Jeans! most certainly jeans.

Also I have certain jewelry. It's as if I am not dressed if I don't have them on. Some were my mom's and some from my hubby, but always on!

Also I wear reading glasses that look tie died! My kids have always made fun of them, I use a chain to wear them around my neck--otherwise I would always be looking for them and if I loose my glasses then how can I LOOK for them?? :roll::roll::roll::roll:

Cindy

At this very moment, I'm in a very comfy pair of jammies that I have painted my last three "homes" in. I feel more comfy painting in my jammies and know that if (WHEN!) I get paint on my clothes, I can still wear them cuz no one really sees my jammies except the hubby and child.

I'll be changing into sweats soon to go out with my driver (Mom). No jeans for me for a while, everything around my tummy has to be loose. That's almost like wearing jeans...

I work in a corporate law department, so at work, I have to dress "appropriately" - that would be slacks/skirt and a blouse/sweater or a suit. What seems odd is that for me to be appropriate, that's what I have to wear yet the students who work there wear capris and tummy baring shirts and flip-flops and look like tourists about to take over Cape Cod! I know I could make The Powers That Be enforce a dress code rule if I showed up dressed like that! :roll: LOL

Nothing, unfortunately. We have a guy here from England doing due diligence as part of the process to buy the company, so I have to dress up every day. I want my jeans back!!!

Not that it will help me keep my job. As soon as they buy the company, they'll move the office to London, and I'll be looking for my next big adventure.

Pam

I too would have to go with my flip flops, or thongs, as I used to call them, until everyone thought I was talking about panties!

I have several pairs, different styles and colors. I just LOVE my flip flops; maybe it's the barefoot thing and childhood, playing in the yard, being carefree.... :)

Christy

Today...no question....it's my handmade Sh*t Fairy pin.

My friend Marci says, when things go rotten in your life, you've been hit by the Sh*t Fairy.

So I'm wearing the prototype pin for the other 14 Limited Addition (See what Decadron does to me? Limited ADDITION??? :shock: You all knew I meant Edition, didn't you? Sheesh!) Felt and-other-stuff pins I'm making for my cyberteam of wonderful women who support me unquestioningly throughout my cancer journey. :)

I think y'all know I have a semi-warped sense of humor sometimes...and man, when I first heard about the Sh*t Fairy...I knew it was something I'd run with.

Hope this doesn't offend anyone, but if so I offer up as compensation that the other handmade pin I'm wearing simply says "hope". :)

hmmm. well, I am off today as I took suki home from the hospital. (can I get a woo hoo!? I'll post in Good News...)

so I am wearing jeans, too, and a blue halter which shows off the tattoo on my arm quite nicely. I have on my livestrong and breathedeep bracelets. I have on my claddaugh ring that David the Irish gave me. you know what? it's all me - down to earth, a little girly, a little tough, guided by 'causes', and loved. that's my life in a nutshell.

for work I have to be 'medium' dressed, unless I am in court or with clients, then it's time for the uniform.

I have a gold bangle bracelet on my wrist that Daddy gave me when I was about 12 years old... I have NEVER taken it off, and now CAN'T because my hand has grown too large!!!! It has never left my wrist since the day I put it on... through surgeries etc... it stays right there and always will.....

My mothers wedding band as a pinkie ring on my right hand, jeans and a tshirt. I work in an office that is suppose to be professional but I find nothing professional about working in an office attached to a warehouse. So I buck the system and wear my comfy clothes. I might "dress up" meaning I don't wear jeans to work if I have enough notice to get mentally prepared for it.

Otherwise I wear what fits my mood for the day....:)

I'm wearing something i wear everyday and never even have to "put it on" each day. I have a tattoo encircling my right ankle (most ppl think it's an ankle bracelet) that says "Fortes Fortuna Juvat". As you can see from my signature it means, in Latin, fortune favors the brave. I got it on Dec.30th, 2004 not knowing it would have even MORE meaning to me in a few months!

I also wear my breathDEEP bracelet day in and day out, dressed up or not, it does NOT come off.

I wear my Lance Armstrong yellow bracelet--never go without it--since the month Mike was diagnosed with cancer--Oct 2003. I have bought many and handed them out to family members and newly diagnosed cancer patients that I know. Mike had his on when he was buried. He believed in Lance Armstrong and was an inspiration to him. God bless,Nancy C

I like this idea Ann!

Well today was hospital attire---I wear the LCSC t-shirt in hopes of attracting people's attention. I do that often on weekends, although at times it gets on my mom's nerves.

Then I had on a necklace that had a diamond from my grandma to watch over my mom; a gold bracelet from my aunt to watch over my mmom; my "HOPE" silver lung cancer bracelet; and of course what I wear EVERY DAY--Andrea B's beautiful lung cancer bracelet. I also had on my good luck GUESS ring.

On a typical work day, typical boring work clothing--suits, or pants and a nice shirt if I don't feel like wearing a suit even though I think I am supposed to :)