My boy came home!!

Shar

Hey all,

Not sure if you remember my post about a month ago, but my dog had run away and I was having a tough time with that and all the side effects of Tarceva. Well after 4 weeks I received a phone call from the local pound to say they had picked him up that morning running around a suburb about 10 mins from here. I guess the little houdini had escaped from whoever had found him and this time the dogcatcher got him!!!

Luckily he is microchipped so they contacted me and now he is home. I still cant believe it, I mean after 4 weeks I thought that was that.

The side effects are also easing, I am now just covered in the rash. No more ulcers, I must say that having this rash in the armpits is not at all sexy, I look a real sight scratching them. That and having sores hanging out of my nose, mmmmmm.

Oh one more bit of good news, my footy team over here kicked butt on the weekend. What a lift something like that can give you!!!!

Great news! (Well, maybe not the nose stuff.)

Pets are the best! He must have really missed you and it sounds like he had to lay out a fairly elaborate plan to get back home to Mom. Lots of treats for the big guy. Oh yea, happy to hear that some of the nasty Tarceva side effects are relieving.

Spoil him rotten,

Lynne

Shar

I'm so happy to hear that your dog is home at last! i have thought about your post several times but was reluctant to ask about your pup, assuming that he had not returned. So I was very pleased to see your post today. Glad your Tarceva side effects are subsiding some too.

gail p-m

p.s. give doggie a nice rawhide from me and Jody and Otis (my old pups)

Wow...this is really good news about the dog! News about your itchy armpits isn't so great! Hope that all gets better really soon! I have to ask...was the reunion one of those where you wanted to smack his snout and smother him with hugs and kisses at the same time? I used to have those episodes when my kids were little!

Hi Shar,

You must be so relieved to see your little friend again. I bet he will stick by home now. Hope he knows where his bread is buttered!!

Sorry to hear about all the side effects :shock:, but at least the Tarveca is working and that is the important things. At least you can cover your armpits, but the nose part... thats a hard one. :roll:

Maryanne :wink:

Shar!

I can't believe it!

WOOOOHOOO!!!!

Sorry I didn't see your post till this morning. This is the BEST news!! Your boy is home!!! I told MY boy and girl and they wagged their tails! :wink:

Things are turning around, friend! That rash and those nose sores have no choice now but to heal up and go away!

Leslie

I am SO glad your puppy is back home with you! If my dog, Houdini, went missing it would break my heart.

Hope that the side effects from Tarceva aren't too bad for you. If it's any consolation the side effects were cyclic for me...They would be bad for a while, then would ease up, then flare up again. I've heard from others that their side effect symptoms were also cyclic.

Hang in there, and congrats to your soccer team.

I am so happy for you that you got your dog back. I know how wonderful it feels to have a lost pet returned. I also pray for continued success with your treatment.

Carol