Just Diagnosed

Guest Nineout

Guest Nineout

Found tumor in upper right lung.Had CT guided biopsy and it was positive for cancer.Waiting for referral to pulmonary doc.My pcp says i'm more than likely in for a right lobectomy.Just wanted to drop in.

Welcome!

I know this is the last news you probably ever expected to get and it's a big shock. But I am so glad to hear you are eligible for surgery! That is excellent news. Sounds strange to congratulate someone on needing that kind of surgery, but it is very hopeful, very good news for you!

Looking forward to getting to know you,

Leslie

I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis but wanted to say welcome to our little family. You will find loads of info here. Whatever you are feeling at the time, someone here has traveled in your shoes. Stay with us and keep us informed of your progress while we travel this road together. We will cry with you or laugh with you. Just let us know what your needs are. I am glad you are a canidate for surgery. That helps the odds of licking the disease. The best advice I can offer you is to take it one day at a time and don't read between the lines. No need to borrow trouble. Again, Welcome.

Welcome.

I am going to guess that if you've already found this board, you have been searching for "the numbers" on lung cancer. Stop.

Stick with us for a while, talk to your medical team and do research SPECIFICALLY on what they are suggesting, come here to read about what the real side effects have been for people taking that course of action, not just the numbers the doctor throws out. There's definitely a difference in what your mind reads as "diarrhea" on a form in the doctor's office and the explosive trips to the potty many get as a side effect - make informed decisions and read new articles, but don't read a lot about things happening even five years ago, the numbers have changed and there are many new treatment options.

If you truly are a candidate for surgery, congratulations on catching it early! Nothing like a little bit of luck to help you through...

Relax and remember to breathe. Long, deep breath in through the nose, long, deep breath out through the mouth...repeat it until the band of terror loosens in your chest. It will be what it will be, you are NOT in control, and you really never were. "Control" is an illusion, reality is rolling with the punches.

Hang in there, hang on, and come here for a shot of courage and support when you need it.

Becky

Welcome...I hope surgery is an option for you. Please let us know how your appointments go and ask questions--many here have been where you are. I know this is a hard time and the holidays make it even harder I'm sure. Tell us more about you and once again welcome.

Guest Nineout

I have a appointment next Thursday with a surgeon and pulmonary Doc.I have a full scan set for Tuesday so we'll see how things go.Hopefuly they can do surgery even though it's not something i look forward to.

Hey Nine,

Been there, done that. I had an upper right lobectomy. I was staged 3A. Surgery was the best thing that I could hope for and I was happy to get it. I have no cancer now and am forever grateful to the people on this website, my health professionals and God. If you are staged 3A or less you most likely will have surgery and continue on with your life in what for me is a much more appreciative manner.

Dear Nine,

Read my profile below my post. If I can do it so can you. I will pray that you are a candidate for surgery. Its not the easiest thing in the world but it is very doable.

Take the others advice and don't read stats. They are old ones and each of us is an individual. We will each have our own outcome. May yours be a good one.

Welcome to our group. Ask questions and tell us your concerns. We have been there and are more than happy to share our experiences.

Nina

I am so sorry you had to find us, but you will see how supportive we are since we have all been through this be it ourself or a love one. We are always here for you. If you have questions ask away.

I know how scared you must be. First of all, LC is not a death sentence as many here have beaten the odds. So if you have that thought in your mind, get that out. We need you to be positive and know that you can beat this.

Also, you are extremely lucky that you are a candidate for surgery. Only 1 out of 4 are candidates for that.

You have much on your plate, but it will get better for you with the operation and treatment.

Please try not to stress too much, as you will be fine.

Please fill out a profile so we could know more about your LC.

Take care,

Maryanne

Hi: welcome to this group. It appears that you may be headed for surgery. If so, the chances that you will be cured are very good. I have had 2 surgerys. I am cancer free now. I and many others will be glad to support you in the coming months as you go through this part of your life.

Don M

Hi Nineout,

welcome and sorry you had to seach us out. But you found a great support and knowledgable group here.

If you are a candidate for an operation, you are so lucky as only 1 in 4 could have the operation.

Please know that we are always here for you. I know how scared you are but LC is not a death sentence, many have beaten the odds. You will do fine.

You will get through this. We are here to help you. We all have been down your road either the patient or the caregiver. We know what you are going through and you a not alone. We are always here for you.

When you find out more, let us know. You can post a profile on the bottom of your page, so we could get to know you better.

I am so sorry, but I know you will alright. Just get those boxing gloves and start punching and please this is important to your recovery, keep a positive attitude. That will be half you battle it you just believe...

Hang in there, it will get better.

Maryanne