My Jake is gone

Ladyintheglen

Robert A. 'Jake' Peeler

Robert A. "Jake" Peeler, 53, of Lansing Road, Town of Glen, passed away peacefully Monday morning at his home with his beloved wife at his side.

Born in Gloversville, New York on Dec. 23, 1952, he was the son of Robert E. and the late Regina Hazzard Peeler. He was a graduate of Fonda-Fultonville High School, Class of 1970, and later attended Fulton-Montgomery Community College.

For over thirty years, Jake was employed as a welder for CSX Railroad in Fonda. He served as a former assistant chief of the Rural Grove Fire Department and also was the local treasurer for the BMWE Railroad Union Liberty Lodge No. 882. An avid fisherman and hunter, Jake was a true outdoorsman. He loved his "homestead", where for the past thirty years, he carefully tended the land, planting trees, stocking his pond and creating an ideal setting.

He and his wife were active members of the Village Bible Church, Fonda.

On May 20, 2000, he was united in marriage to the former Cheryl A. Nellis Williams.

In addition to his wife, his loving family includes his father, Robert E. Peeler; his daughter; Jenika Peeler of Connecticut; stepchildren, Doren Gray, Adam Williams and Kerry Williams, all of Gloversville, Gregory Williams of Johnstown, Virginia Ferguson of Okinawa; brothers, Robert Johnson of Ft. Pierce, Florida, Donald Peeler of Gloversville, Ronald Peeler of Alabama and William Peeler of Fonda; sisters, Barbara Telfer of Fonda, Anna Bedell of Tribes Hill, Kathy Andrews of Pennellville, New York and Dawn Hofmann of Scotia; three grandchildren who were the joy of his life: Damian Williams, Andrew and Aliayah Gray; aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and cousins.

In addition to his mom, a sister, Eileen Hastings also predeceased him.

A celebration of his life will take place Thursday at 11:00 a.m. at the Village Bible Church, Fonda with the Pastor Wade Prime, officiating. Interment is in Maple Avenue Cemetery, Fultonville. Relatives and friends are invited and may call on Wednesday from 2-4 and 6-8 p.m. at the Jackson & Betz Funeral Home, 15 Main Street Fultonville. Contributions may be made, in lieu of flowers, to the Mountain Valley Hospice or to the Literacy Volunteers of Fulton County, both in care of the funeral home.

Please sign the family's guestbook at www.brbsfuneral.com.

I am so very sorry for your loss...all I can think of when I look at your avatar is how young he was and how unfair life can be. You can tell he was a good granfather and a proud one. I can say that because my dad was also and I still have a hole in my heart from losing him and trying to explain to my kids why he isn't here anymore and why do the good people have to die young? Please accept my condolences - I know how hard these next few weeks will be for you and I will be praying for you and your family.

Oh Cheryl -

I am so sorry. You are such an amazing wife and were there every step of the way. I know you will never have any regrets about the care you gave your loving husband. I am sure Jake is soaring high in heaven.

If I can do anything, please let me know. My mom has been gone for two weeks, yet I know she is free of pain and at peace. I pray that you know that about Jake as well.

All my love,

Holly

Cherly, I am so sorry to hear the sad news about your Jake. He was such a brave man who faught one he*ll of a battle.

My deepest condolences to you and that hugh family of yours. Lean on them for support as you will need their comfort.

Peace be with you,

Maryanne