God Help me I'm in shock

lilyjohn

I just got some news that I never expected. Less than two hours ago my ex husband died. My children and grandchildren are devistated and I am in shock. My family needs me so I am trying to figure a way to get to them. I don't fly but I don't think I have any choice please pray for me. I need all of the prayers I can get right now.

I may have divorced him but I didn't want this. You can't live with someone for 41 years and not care no matter how bad the marriage is.

Lily,

I'm so sorry. I would feel the same way if I got an unexpected call like that about my x-husband. The flight might not be as bad as you're expecting. I agree about the medication, it will help you and you'll safely arrive to everyone that needs you. Stay strong (You can DO THIS!!) and I'll pray for a very easy flight.

Warm Hugs,

Melinda

Lil...so very sorry for your family's loss. Although we may have harsh feelings for people we pass on this road called life, we never want this type of ending. Get on that plane and be there for your beautiful children.

So sorry to hear this, Lillian. Of course this has rocked your boat, so to speak. I feel certain your children and grandchildren will so appreciate your being with them at this time. Have a safe, uneventlful flight, and may you be able to be strong for those who need you.

Please accept my condolences.

Kasey

My dear friends the first thing I want to do is thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers.

My plans are all made. I will be leaving Sacramento Sunday morning and arriving in Baton Rouge that afternoon. I couldn't get a flight into New Orleans because of Mardi Gras. My nephew will be going with me so I don't have to go alone.

I am terrified of flying but I have no choice. My family needs me and I need them right now. None of this is easy. My heart breaks for Denis and all that was wrong and all that was right in our marriage. For the past 3 years everyone has been telling me how storong I have become. I need that strength now but I have to admit I don't feel it. I feel like a bowl of jelly.

My children and grandchildren are really having a hard time. That breaks my heart. I love them so much. Please continue to pray for me and them. I will check in as soon as I get a chance. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you. I am so thankfull that I found such a wonderfull and caring second family.. May God bless all of you.

I have to leave and go to town to pick up my tickets. So I will say so long for now. Please when you pray continue to remember my pastor's wife. She is scheduled for surgery Tuesday and I really don't expect her to make it. I can't say good bye to her. I can't let her see me like this. Once again thank you to all of you. My love Lillian

Dearest Lilly,

I hear a lot of concern in your words, not only about the loss of you ex, but about flying too, which compounds you anxiety. I fly quite often because of my work. I use to worry about flying too, but have found it is actually very safe and easy to do, except going through security. That is just an inconveinence having to unload everything on your person. Please rest assured it's not a bad thing at all. Flying is very safe, safer than driving to the grocery store, really!

My daughter came out the first week of this month from California to be with me. I had her fly out, her first ever flight. She was nervous, but when she arrived she said it wasn't anything she was thinking it would be. She felt so safe and enjoyed the trip, looking out the window and talking with her row mates. You will be ok with it. See it as an adventure. If you need to, inform the flight attendants of your anxiety. They are trained to comfort those that feel nervous. Think of it, they fly everyday for a living. At any given moment, there are 60,000 people in the air above us. Hard to believe but true. If you check the stats more people die everyday in auto accidents than all year in plane accidents. You'll be ok, trust me.

One of my co-workers is from Denmark. He flies back each year to visit family. He was always terrified to fly and didn't go back at time because of his fear. He went to a hypnotist, he says it worked. he no longer has fear and says it is actully pleasnt, especially with the thought of seeing family at the other end.

Take care. My best to you and yours,

Mark