Prayer request

rogfam

I've recently found out that one of my Aunts, and one of my Uncles have lung cancer. My aunt had radiation and two chemo treatments and is in the hospital as I type with her body already shutting down. I'm in shock..

My uncle just found out and his doctors are discussing a treatment plan for him. (he goes to the VA.)

It's crazy, scary, unreal.

God has a plan.

God is in control.

I WILL trust in Him.

Thank you so much for all your prayers.

God bless you all,

Christy

ps my mom isn't getting any treatments, her cancer marker went down, but she is just not feeling good at all. she's always tired, having a pain where she got radiated on (for the second time) and is having night sweats, which has her worried. :(

Thank you for keeping her in your prayers too!

(pss there is no blood relation between the three, but all on my dad's side.)

Thank you for your prayers, they mean so much to me.

I got to see my aunt for about two minutes in the cardiac icu yesterday. Her eyes were opened for a few minutes and she seemed to try and respond to a couple of questions, but she's so week, and her stare, it was like she wasn't really seeing us...

They think it may be in her liver, kidneys, and brain. It's just all happening so fast. :(

love and prayers to you all,

Christy

Thank you Karen.

My aunt had a fifteen minute conversation last night! They're talking about sending her home with hospice. She's only had two rounds of chemo and ended up in the hospital both times. (two different chemos even.) Obviously her body doesn't handle chemo well. :(

Thanks for the continued prayers for the family.

love to you all,

Christy

• 2 weeks later...

just wanted to give a quick update.

My aunt got to go home and had a fair week. She even got to go to church last Sunday with her oldest son and his family. Today, very unexpectedly she's taken a turn, they don't know if she'll pull out of it. Hospice doesn't think it'll be long. She's having a terrible time with blood clots. Her immediate family is all in the home with her. Please keep praying.

And the VA still hasn't given my uncle a treatment plan. :shock: how long do they want to give this???

I can't believe how slow it seems to be going. This isn't something to mess around with.

God is in control.

God bless you all, you're in my prayers.

Christy

Hi Christy,

Sorry to read this news about your aunt. I am HOlding her up in prayer each day and asking for special favor for her.

The VA does not move very fast. They are so busy. Just need to be persistant with them and keep bugging them til he gets some treatment and answers...

Please keep us posted. Just know I am still and will keep praying. I do believe in miracles and it is God's will..

Hugs,

Karen

Christy I am so sorry about your aunt and your uncle. It sounds like your family really has their hands full with this terrible horrible disease. I am so sorry. I will pray for all three of them, and hope that God will hold them in his merciful and healing hands.

You all bless me so much. God is good and knows our needs. thank you so much.

I'm so sad to tell you my aunt passed away today at 6:00 p.m. It's just so unreal. I'm still in shock.

We only knew five months. FIVE MONTHS! oh how I hate this disease...

My uncle STILL hasn't gotten a treatment plan. :(

This is the third death in my family in four months.

The Lord is my strength.

I can't thank ya'll enough for your prayers.

God bless each and everyone of you,

Christy

I am new here, so am just reading this thread. I am so very sorry to read of your Aunts passing. I know how hard it is, I can't imagine losing so many loved ones in such a short time. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I can't imagine going through this without the comfort and help of the Lord. Thank goodness He is walking by your side, there to hold you up when you need His strength.

May you find the inner strength you need to get through this.

Melanie

((((Christy)))),

I haven't kept up with this thread at all ~ and I am sorry. Please accept my condolences.......so sorry about your aunt.

I have missed you in your absence. Obviously you have had a LOT going on ~~~ and I guess you still have that job too. Prayers offered for your Mom. How about a bit of an update on her. Almost a month since you reported her not feeling well and having night sweats. Has anything improved????

Prayers and my best wishes coming your way, Christy,

Kasey

Hi Kasey! Thank you for asking. Yes, she's feeling better. The night sweats have decreased greatly and she doesn't feel 'flu-ish' anymore. The blood work didn't reveal anything wrong, so that's good. She was also feeling depressed, with all that's going on, who could blame her? But she thought it might have something to do with this supplement she was taking for her bones, so she quit taking it for about a week now and already feels better in that area too, so Praise God for that! She'll take a different bone supplement now.

Please pray for strength for my daddy, they've asked him to be a pall bearer.

love and prayers for all,

Christy