Hope

terriep

I know I haven't been on the boards much lately - very busy with life and family - which is GOOD!! But, I wanted to share for the sake of those feeling down to have hope - just had my follow-up with oncologist - he will see me two more times at six month intervals (one more cat scan) - and then RELEASE me!! I will have reached the five year point by then - when I thought I couldn't make it another YEAR back in 02!! Also, my Mom had her follow-up the same week (she is almost 1 year out from her surgery in June) and got another clean bill of health. So, know that I keep you all in my prayers and check on progress from time to time, MIRACLES HAPPEN - I happen to be one of them! And my 76 year old mom is one too!! God bless each and every one of you, dear friends!

Thank you for your encouraging words. I haven't been on the boards long, but I do know that most of us newbies come and are just so scared. At the beginning of this journey, the very beginning I mean, it is hard to have hope. Then, we seem to travel into having it, and then not having it, and that is the journey we take.

We do need to stay positive, and I thank you for your story. I would encourage you to put it in the SCLC forum as well, so that those who are browsing stumble over good words too!

Congratulations Terrie!! That really is wonderful news! And it is SO IMPORTANT for OTHER LC SURVIVORS to hear stories of long term survivorship being a LC survivor. To often the LC Survivor/Patient gives up hope when he/she is first entering this journey.

We ARE HOPE for those fighting this battle and we ARE PROOF this battle can be BEAT! :wink:

Congratulations to you and your mom! I HOPE you'll stop by here now and then, if for no other reason then to offer HOPE for those that need to hear from long time survivors such as ourselves. :wink::D

Great News! Teri I am so happy for you that you can celebrate 4 years of survival and counting and your Mom is out 1 year. Together you make 5 years. Yippee! Party time. Thanks for sharing .

Donna G

Wow, Terri! What an inspiring story! I'm with Kasey - I think a celebratory cocktail is definitely in order! Want to join us at the Pub? Hey Cindi - whadya say? Four of those Miracle Margarita's, please?

Congrats, and cheers to you, and your Mom! May the miracles continue! Clink, clink, clink, clink! (those are the toasting glasses...)

~Stacey

Connie B expressed my thoughts exactly. I was so scared when I first came here and I just felt like I got strength from reading survivor stories. I have been here almost a year and I still enjoy reading them. Thank you! :D:D:D Congratulations!!!

Terrie...Congrats on the good news. I will be "set free" in July which will be my 5 yr anniversary!! I am excited but also afraid :wink: I love my onc and he keeps me sain every 6 months so the "dependancy of the ct every six months" will go away and I'm not so sure how that will go LOL. but I always have the board to go to for support :D But....just the fact that it has been 5 years and I'm still here is the best feeling in the world!

Rhonda