Back from the U of Chicago

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carleen,

I keep praying everyday for a miracle for him. I am so frustrated and heart broken with all you are going through and how your hopes are shattered.

I will never give up, I will keep praying and keeping that candle lit for him.

I also pray so much for you, sweetie and wish with all my heart I can take it all away.

Maryanne :cry:

Dear Carleen and Keith,

I have followed you're journey for a long time now and the love between you two is awesome. I feel you're rage, you're fear and you're questions with God.

Why can't it be a fairy tale love for you both to live long fullfilling lives filled with all the things you love? The facts are that No one on Earth has the answers and my belief is God does and we will all know and understand in God's time which will also be right for you. Keith and you will never be seperated, you're love will always remain strong. I believe you will spend eternity together which is a very very long time. These are my beliefs Carleen and I know you have a wonderful faith in God. I am sure you are angry and full of rage as I would be also. That does not take away you're faith. Stand strong and fight as long as you possibly can. Don't let any DR. take you're hopes and dreams away. If you crumble and fall now you may miss that one trial that could come you're way, you could miss days spent in love and enjoying eachother and spend them in tears.

I have loved you both for a long time and have always kept you in my prayers as I will continue to do. As hard as it is ... Please stand strong against this beast and do and be everything you can.

The support you have here is enourmous and it is all filled with love and hope for the both of you always.

God Bless you both and love,

Jane

Dear Carleen & Keith,

I'm am flabergasted (sp) that doctor's would ever say such hurtful words that completely shatter people's spirits. What was that "do no harm" again about anyway? Even though it's hard sometimes I'm a firm believer that positive thinking can help wonders.

I can definitely relate to you feeling that God will just take you instead. I have thought about how wonderful it would be if I could share my life with my father. We can split the remainder of what I have left.

Keep strong and don't ever give up. Miracles do happen.

Shirley

Dear Carleen,

This is so heartbreaking to read. I wish I had some words of wisdom or comfort for you and Keith. Please never give up. The two of you are such a special couple....you are such an amazing support for Keith. Please take care of yourself in all this,sending prayers for you both

love,NancyT

Its taken me almost a week to be able to write this post. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of you both. I'm just so dam angry at anyone who would dash Keith's hopes. I hope that he has gotten his spirit back since that day.

I do believe in miracles.

Joan

Carleen, I am so sorry. I am going to do some research for you; in fact, I've already started.

Maybe you have already heard of this place at Cedars-Sinai in Southern California? It's the Carcinoid and Neuroendocrine Tumor Center It's for rare neuroendocrine tumors like Keith has and they specialize in treating them. They may have much more information on current treatments and/or clinical trials.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do. I would be more than happy to call them and get information for you if you want me to do that.

Don't give up. I am hoping for the best for you and Keith.

I hope they can give you some direction. If you call them, let us know what they say.

I'm still looking. This isn't hopeless; I just KNOW that there are treatments out there for Keith, especially since he is willing to fight.

Shame on those doctors you saw for telling him he has nothing left to fight with. How dare they try to assume what he's made of?!

Dear Carleen,

The treatment of Keith (and you) was BARBARIC!!! No facility should have that much power. I am sorry they had the nerver to say that to you. If Keith wants to fight, I pray he will find the right match of a doctor who will fight for and with him.

You are both in my prayers.

Lisa