Great News

elkiesmom

First I must say I am sorry about not posting on this board.I even forgot my pass word and had to get a new one. When this board went down a few months back I had a hard time getting back on only to find out when I copied and pasted the new address I added the period.Back to the Great news Gary had his scan two weeks ago then we went back to Ca half work related and the other half seeing our grand kids again. We didn't worry about the scan results until we came back Sat and Tuesday our wonderful ONC said those three letters.NED.I am bursting. We have been so blessed.

Love Lorrie

Wonderful! It feels so good, doesn't it? I just got NED results on Monday and feel great.

Is that a black lab in your picture? I have one too--named Ed!

Meredith that is Morgan my daughters dog. She is a wonderful dog.We have three yappers as my grandson calles them. A Papillion,doxie and a mini schnauzer. We love them to death but in my dreams there is a lab waiting for me. Did you read Marley and Me.I laughed all through out the book. If you love labs read the book it is a true story.

Congrats on your NED results how great it feels after we are told.

Lorrie

Congratulations...the three best letters in the alphabet! How very disciplined you must be not to worry about the scan until after your return. I envy your that!

Ellen

Ellen I am not disciplined at all Gary is the strong one and with the visit to Ca between the scan and ONC visit and Gary saying there is nothing more we can do but have a good time I almost made it though it crossed my mind a few times.

Hi Lorrie,

Yes, I did read "Marley and Me" and it was very good! And also very funny, especially since I have had similar experiences with Ed, particularly with the chewing. Fortunately, Ed had outgrown that stage and is a great dog--so sweet, good with children and generally well behaved. He's been so great, too, in helping me through cancer just by being there. A lot of times if I've been crying, he will make these whining noises and then come lick my face!

I kind of spoil him--he gets just about whatever he wants :lol:

Hi Lorrie,

Yes, I did read "Marley and Me" and it was very good! And also very funny, especially since I have had similar experiences with Ed, particularly with the chewing. Fortunately, Ed had outgrown that stage and is a great dog--so sweet, good with children and generally well behaved. He's been so great, too, in helping me through cancer just by being there. A lot of times if I've been crying, he will make these whining noises and then come lick my face!

I kind of spoil him--he gets just about whatever he wants :lol:

Dogs are the best medicine and I feel you cannot spoil them enough. They give you so much LOVE in return. You are their life.

Lorrie,

First of all, fantastic news--congratulations! Personally, being the neurotic person I am, I applaud you for having the ability to travel and have a good time in between scans and results! I would be plastered to the telephone the whole time.

Second, I have to jump on the bandwagon about the labs. I have two, a 7 year old yellow female named Chloe, and a 4 year old chocolate male named Rudy. They are way up there on the list of my life's loves. I remember when I got my breast cancer diagnosis 5+ years ago, I cried watching Chloe out in the back yard, thinking I wouldn't get to see her grow old. Now she's 7, and that's not that old, but I'm very hopeful that I'll see her in her old years.

Although our next dogs will probably be smaller and easier to handle in terms of baths, nail clipping, etc, I think the labs will always be my absolute favorites.

I have to read the book--have not heard of it.

Cindy