A small update

Jay

Hello everyone,

I thought I would just let you guys know where I've been... sort of. We still don't move to Canada, seems like that has to wait. I've been having terrible head aches and I will be seeing the doctor tomorrow for that. Other than that, I'm OK. I kinda have a girlfriend now, well, I'm just seeing her and stuff :oops: Anyway... the reason why I haven't been posting much is cause I think there are so many things going on in your lives, you don't need a 19 year old complaining. I've been here, I read and every so often I comment., but I rather be an observer for now, I don't think my problems are so important. You guys have more important things to worry about.

Well, just wanted to say that and, I'm around here all the time, even when I don't post.

Love ya'll! :)

Jay, It is nice to hear from you. Never think that we are to busy for you because we are not. You are just a key stroke away. That is great that you are seeing someone, my 17 year old son says the same thing, "Mom, I'm seeing her, thats all." Let us know what the doctor says, it is important to us, and we do care.

Dona

Jay, it is so good to hear from you.:) Glad you are doing well, except for the headaches, hope the doc can fix that!!! I am always looking for updates from you, I think we all love to hear from you. I am a lurker mostly right now too, I always check the boards to see how everyone is doing but find it hard to keep up with.

I am so glad you have a girlfriend.:) After all you've been through, I am so happy to see you with happiness in your life. You are in my prayers.

(((((HUGS)))))))))

Jay I disagree. You are very important to us. We love to see your picture and post. Not only are you important to us , your insight is so important to our new member whose brother in Ireland I think he is 18, was just diagnosed. You can be a big help to them, you are a survivor!!. I hope you do keep us posted on how things are going, if your finishing school, ajusting to your new "life" , are you impressed with David P's ride 11 laps of 14.2 miles!! With one lung not bad for a man in his fortys. Loved hearing from you. Donna G

Jay, you little devil. I was thinking about you yesterday and almost pm'd you. I thought maybe you had something going on. a girl is it.....GREAT.

I sure hope they figure out why the headaches, - - maybe the girlfriend, maybe you are allergic to her. What came first, the girl or the headaches???? You do know that sometimes we girls (how is that for a 67 yrs old grandma) give guys headaches......we just can't help ourselves....

All kidding aside, so glad to hear from you again. Keep posting if only to say hi, that way we know you still love us old folks (anything over 25 when one is 19).....God Bless You Jay...

Jay, I have been aware you were around, and that comforted me. I knew you had to take your time. Please do not be reluctant to post with you thoughts, emotions, etc. That is what we are all here for. Your problems, your thoughts, your feelings ARE important to us. I am glad you are okay, and hope that with time you will be better than okay. I am glad you found a friend. Reaching out to others can help get through all the pain of what you have experienced. Please do keep us posted anytime you want to. Thanks for plugging in. Don

Hey Jay,

Just want to chime in and say thanks for the update, it's always GREAT to here from you. :D:D , Donna's right, your an inspiration to many young people and older ones too. Good to be alive today! :) and a Girl to boot! 8)

God bless & be well, an please update us from time to time.

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Jay-

It was WONDERFUL to hear from you! Your cares and concerns are just as signigicant as every other single person's on this board, and all us Mother Hens like to know how the younger bunch is coming along. I'm happy that you are getting out and about and have a compatible "friend". Please do keep us abreast of what is happening in your life...we care. :)

Jay, I am glad that you dropped us a line to let us know how you are doing, and your problems are NOT, I repeat NOT annoying in ANY WAY!!! We care about you, Jay. We look forward to your posts and updates.

Think of us as your own little fan club!!! :wink:

Take care and let us know what is going on with those headaches!! Deb

Jay -

Wait..............clunk.............rattle..............*ugh*.............smash.........

*sigh*

That was me trying to reach thru my computer to SMACK you!

You KNOW we care about you and your problems are far from trivial to us...keep us posted - frequently!

Hugs and prayers,

SandyS

Jay

I have also been watching for your posts so thank you for updating us. Just don't let it be such a long interval between posts next time. We want to know how you're doing and why would you ever think your problems are trivial???? I'm confused on that one!!! As someone else said, we really want to hear from our younger members; it's the Mother in us. So keep in touch. Please let us know what the doctor says about those headaches.

Thinking of you often.

Gail

Jay,

You are important to all of us. We really love hearing how you are doing. Please keep us posted and as Donna said there is a person in Ireland that really needs to hear from another young person like yourself. You are very upbeat and inspiring, so please keep on posting. I am sure he would appreciate your posts also since he is about the same age as you (18) I believe. We miss you. Congrats on the new girlfriend, it's always nice to have someone special.

Hope they find the problem with your headaches. Praying for you.

God Bless

Karen

Dx'd 3-03, nsclc - 3a, radiation and chemo

Jay,

I was so happy to see your post, but sorry to hear about the headaches. Are you happy about the delayed move to Canada? I know you had mixed emotions on that one, and now with a new friend in the picture.... We worry about the people we don't get updates on, so do us all a favor and keep in touch. We all want to hear from you and we all care about you. How are your father and sister doing?

Jenny

Hey Jay.

Good to hear from you. I hope you don't feel that all you do is complain when you post. You've been through more in the last year than most folks go through in their lifetimes. I don't see it as complaining. You need to talk about those kinds of things. You may find it hard to get used to the fact that you, my friend, are now elligible to give more advise than you are used to giving. You are now an experienced cancer survivor, and I for one would like to see you start taking on more of a leadership role here on the board, especially with some of the newer, younger people being diagnosed. What do you say about that? Take care Jay.

David P.